Whether you are a start-up business looking to keep things organized or you work for a separate company and have been tasked with running a project, this list of iPad apps will almost certainly make your life a whole lot easier. Our carefully curated list of the best project management apps for iPad, have all kinds of amazing features available to streamline the way you go about your daily tasks.
The best project management apps for iPad
18 May 2017, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Just as the name of this app would suggest, it is designed to provide professional project planning functionality and offers you a comprehensive interface from which to perform all of the necessary tasks. One thing we really like about this app is that it enables you to view tasks in a Gantt format, providing you with a top-down perspective of everything that needs to be done in a chronological order that makes sense at a glance. What's more, you can export your projects via email and cloud-based storage servers.
- Supports XML formats
- Calculate budgets for your project
- Customizable task links
- Top-down view of Gantt chart progress
- Filter tasks according to priorities
Pyrus is a team communication tool for businesses to incorporate an efficient and smooth workflow process. You can message in real-time, delegate and assign tasks, approve tasks and more. This platform also allows you to forward messages, attach files, create subtasks, share files with other apps and many more great features. With a crisp interface and smooth touch gestures, this app really makes it easy and efficient for managing workflow. Pyrus is free to use, however, there are upgradeable plans for additional usage, storage and API calls.
- A team communication tool
- Workflow management, Real-time messaging
- Assign tasks, Approve tasks, Create subtasks
- Share files with others or in other apps
- Free to use, Upgradeable plans
Moxtra is simple and flexible enough for users to implement as their next platform for team collaboration and project management. It will help improve efficiency of the workflow and increase overall productivity. In a single workspace, users can communicate, share content, have meetings, screen sharing, white boards and more. Moxtra also integrates with over 30 additional apps, which makes it even more impressive.
- Simple and flexible project management app
- Real-time communication, File sharing, Screen sharing
- White boards, Real-time meetings
- Integrates with over 30 more apps
- Increases productivity and quality of work
Trello will manage your projects and help you stay organized whether it’s just for you or a team of freelancers. The developers have dubbed it a whiteboard with super powers and we think it’s all that and then some. Create boards to organize anything you want and use them for solo purposes or with colleagues, employees, etc. You can create checklists, to-do lists, projects, novels and more. Each user has their own avatar and you can see if anyone else is currently working on a project or what their progress is. Attach photos, PDFs, videos or any other file needed. There are in-app purchases for Trello subscriptions from 1 month to 1 year.
- Manage your work or your team’s work
- Create boards to stay organized
- Monitor the progress of others
- Add photos, videos, and other files
- In-app purchases for subscriptions
Trello for iPad app review
Your 21st century team needs a 21st century project management tool. Zapty will revolutionize how you and your team work. This is an integrated platform for collaboration and workflow that allows real-time contact with every team member, all of the time. Zapty allows any device to access your group’s work product, allowing seamless connectivity and maximum productivity. Keep all your tools connected, maximize transparency, and eliminate the information silo altogether. Users can quarterback any type of team, from business to personal, school to sport, church to hobby group. Chat, collaborate on documents, get approvals, create polls and so much more.
- Modern work tool
- Maximize connectivity
- Eliminate information silos
- Collaborate with any group
- Get approvals, create polls
Your business team needs a quarterback, and any good quarterback needs a plan. Enter Redbooth, a planning and task management solution that will help you win at the project management game. Users can easily set up a project, and the app provides a dedicated work space for each new task. Update your team, project, or tasks, anywhere. Add an assignment, a due date or a comment, and the app will automatically save everything. Redbooth gives leaders a bird’s-eye view of all of your projects so that you can track and visualize progress, or spot deficiencies early. Redbooth makes everything about management easier!
- Planning and task management
- Easy set-up
- Add assignment or due dates
- Free project management app for iPad
Flow Tasks spins off of the extraordinarily successful Flow team communication platform to take your project management to the next level. Flow Tasks allows you to guide your group’s tasks, on a daily basis. Users can also download the Flow Chat app to manage real-time communication, and for best results, the most effective managers will add Flow Tasks. The team leader can easily view everything their team is working on, see deadlines, and check in on discussions as they happen. The app works on all devices, thereby extending necessary connectivity to you, the fearless leader, anywhere you go.
- Guide your group
- See what everyone is working on
- Monitor deadlines
- Monitor discussions
- Free project management app for iPad and iPhone
If you are in the construction industry or an architect by trade, then this is a must have app especially if you collaborate with others on projects. Share and work together on plans, specs and photos through this great app. Upload your PDF drawings and they will automatically sync with other members of your team. In addition to the features we discuss in our app review, this app also has automatic punchlists, quick field takeoff and estimating tools, full annotations, filters for your drawings, construction management tools and much more. There are numerous in-app purchases for various features and functions.
- Great for architects and those in construction
- Upload documents or files and sync with all team members
- Automatic punchlists, Quick field takeoff and estimating tools
- Construction management tools, Filtering system
- Numerous in-app purchases for various features
PlanGrid app review: an architect and contractor's go-to tool
This project management app is one of the easiest to use on the iOS. The Natural Gestures makes creating and managing projects efficient, quick and easier than ever. You can use on task updating, GANTT charts, batch task inputting to manage multiple projects at once. The navigation menu is smooth with a friendly interface. You can duplicate projects, organize tasks or task groups, in-depth details for projects, task columns, milestones, 4 outline levels, communicate with other members of your team, sync via the iCloud and many other cool features that we discussed in our app review.
- A fast, easy and efficient project management tool
- Manage multiple projects, Outline and Gantt chart views
- Task properties, Organize tasks, Milestones
- Communicate with team members, Sync via the iCloud
- Share with others, Import and Export, Quick Integration
QuickPlan for iPad app review
OmniFocus 2 is easily one of the most advanced project management apps for iDevices, and with its latest update you will now enjoy full compatibility with all of your iOS devices, including Apple Watch. This app enables you to set up reminders so that you receive push notifications when tasks are due to be completed, and you can use folders, projects, groups, and actions in a hierarchical fashion to ensure that all of your tasks, contacts, and so on are expertly organized.
- Incredibly powerful project management
- Compatible with all of iOS devices
- Uses an intelligent hierarchical format
- Attach groups and individuals to tasks
- Assign contexts based on location, people, energy level, and more