One of the worst things about playing card games is realizing there’s a card missing from your deck. This is followed by not having anyone to play with at all. With these apps you’ll never have to worry about that! The great thing about iOS games is that you’re exposed to so many more games than you could ever learn on your own from friends and family, and most have decent tutorials so you can learn even if you’ve never played before. If you’re up for some cutting-edge tech to play some current and classic games, check out our list of the best card games for iPhone.
The best card games for iPhone-2021
19 Feb 2021, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Euchre app for iPhone is one of the best card games for iPhone.
Euchre needs no explanation to those who love it. Super Euchre! brings the magic of the game to life in your hand just like you were playing with your best friends
- Your favorite game options are ready for you to play
- Waiting in a line, sitting on a train, plane, bus or just bored at work… you need Super Euchre!
Solitaire Plus brings you all the fun and excitement of the classic Solitaire card game plus the minimalist and relaxing style by Infinity Games. If you consider yourself a true Solitaire aficionado, this is the best solitaire app game for you. You will find the perfect environment to perform at your best and become the #1 player in the leaderboards. You can also customize your game with multiple themes for your cards and backgrounds! Solitaire Plus is totally free and you can play how many times you want without paying. The game is ad-supported, but you can remove ads for the price of a coffee.
- Classical Solitaire card game with an exceptional art style
- Multiple themes for your card decks and backgrounds
- Daily challenges turn every game into a different and unique game
- Performance tracker with statistics
- +40 milestones to conquer and +400 levels
Join the best Cribbage game in the world. Fantastic classic cribbage app!!!
Challenge yourself in Ultimate Cribbage, the classic card game. If you already play Canasta, Pinochle, Backgammon, Gin Rummy 500, or Solitaire, then you’ll love this classic card & board game. Learn to play crib “live” in game with great hints. Friends will call you a Cribbage pro in no time!
- Classic cribbage board for two
- Intuitive gameplay
- Statistics are stored online, so you can play crib on your friends’ devices too!
- Online multiplayer coming in the future!
- Detailed crib, hand, and play score breakdowns every round
- Classic, Muggins, and Shotgun Cribbage variants
Canasta is a true classic as it was once one of the most frequently played card games. It is still widely played and enjoyed today as it is easy to learn and can be discovered again and again in many different variations.
The new overhauled version of the famous Canasta app by LITE Games combines intuitive gameplay, pleasing design and advanced customization options to deliver endless fun in this wonderful card game. Play offline against the computer or face a challenging opponent when you’re on the go. For the most exciting experience you can play online against players from all over the world.
- Play offline and online
- Single- and multiplayer mode
- Customize rules and design
- Global leaderboards
- High quality design and animation
- Adjustable difficulty for opponents and partners
- Many exciting achievements
The Riverboat Gambler app is one of the best yet not yet fully appreciated app in this category. Boasting 33 games with this number increasing all the time, this app covers many different casino games all in one. Each game has detailed instructions on how to play, vital as they have many games I hadn’t even heard of before but it’s very interesting to see this variety. What we liked a lot is that the developer takes an active interest in the Feedback from users, replying to all comments and even adding games from requests.
- Separate sets of achievements for each game
- 33 different casino games to choose from
- Clear instructions for each game
- Frequent bonus chips awarded throughout the day
Play the world’s most popular Blackjack game on the App Store & feel the thrill of sitting right in front of a Vegas-inspired casino, now added with an exciting Side-Bet feature. Interact with real players playing live in this iphone card game at stunning tables with amazing graphics. Take a seat and play in the world’s most glamorous casinos, from Monte Carlo to Las Vegas.
- Hourly & Daily Bonuses await when you log in every day
- Three-round winner takes all. Get ahead & collect trophies to enter our Hall of Fame
- Weekly leaderboard winners vie for a chance to collect massive prizes
- Live interactive chat-box with players from all over the world
Twenty-nine or 29 is a very famous card game app which is played by four players in fixed partnerships. The game is played with 32 cards comprising of 8 cards from each suit. Jack (3 points), Nine (2 points), Ace (1 point) and Ten (1 point) are the only cards which have points. Thus making a total of 28 points.
- The teams need to bid and set a target for themselves and then achieve it
- The player who wins the bid gets to set the trump suit thus biasing the game towards them
- The players facing each other are partners
- The opponents need to achieve 29 - (bid) to stop the bid winner team from winning the game
Boasting the biggest community of Gin Rummy players, the Gin Rummy Plus app – card game by Zynga tops our list. You can compete against hundreds of thousands of players around the world, a number I expect to be true based on the more than 30,000 ratings in the Appstore, giving it an average 4.5-star approval. What impressed us most is the frequency that the developers update the app – 25 times in the last 6 months which tells us that they pay attention to quality.
- Exclusive events offering new game modes and free chips
- Multiplayer mode
- Super social experience
- Progressive jackpots
The Texas Hold’em Poker: Pokerist app stands out amongst other card game apps as it is simply loaded with features. One of 11 apps developed by KamaGames, it has an average 4.6 star rating from almost 20,000 users. Using a certified Random Number Generator, they claim to offer the fairest gameplay possible. Offering daily bonuses and free chips and a chat feature, they clearly want you to stay. You can even play up to 25 hands at the same time.
- Play daily to get free chips
- Weekly tournaments and leaderboard
- Chat feature
- No registration required
The Cribbage classic app from Games by Post LLC is one of a dozen card and board game apps in their portfolio. The app has been recently updated a few times and the current version is a good app compared to others in this category. Based on the popular Cribbage game, the app is designed for both the early learner and for those wanting to become experts.
- Different settings for different goals. Learn or master the game
- Statistics so that you can monitor your progress
- Summary of your bad plays to help you improve
- Unique “Discard Analyzer” that helps you learn as you play
Card Shark Solitaire app is the app for people who love all forms of Solitaire in addition to other card games. It supports Klondike, Spider, Canfield, Forty Thieves, FreeCell, Draw Poker, Memory Match, Crazy Eights, and Beleaguered Castle. You get different styles of card fronts and backs to choose from, undo and redo function, optional Vegas scoring, and left- or right-handed stock placement. The app loads fast, supports custom tables and card backs if you want to upload some from your photo library, and the animations are smooth and tasteful. If you’d like to design your own decks, you can do that too! Just contact the author for tools.
- Many different card games
- Smooth animations
- Doesn't interfere with music player
- Can design your own decks
- Free card game for iPhone
Spades is a fun game for newbies and old-hands alike. This Spades app has multiplayer and single-player modes so you can always play no matter if you have people to play with, and there’s even a Chat feature so you can talk to your partner and opponents while you play. The interface is simple and intuitive and you can customize your deck and table if you want, or play it as it’s set up as default. If you need to put down the game for a while, no worries, because the game automatically saves at each turn so you can come back whenever you want and pick up where you left off. The gameplay is fast and fun, and should keep most players satisfied.
- Multiplayer and single-player modes
- Chat with your partner and opponents
- Customize your deck and table
- Game is automatically saved at each turn
- Free with in-app purchase to remove ads
The iBridgePlus app is one of the best apps for the classic card game of Bridge. For those players just starting out, there’s a built-in assistant to help out when making incorrect decisions. It will also give you some hints and explanations. Play against the computer, with a partner and against others. You can play this app with or without an Internet connection. Other great features include Duplicate competitions, improved analytics, Daily Community Hands, bidding system adjustments, video presentations and more. The app is free to try, but then requires in=app purchases for various features.
- One of the best Bridge card playing apps
- Built-in assistant to help beginners
- Play with others or by yourself
- Daily Community Hands, In-depth analytics
- Free to try, In-app purchases
Hearts+ was created by people who love the game, and it shows. The graphics and feel are great and make you feel like you’re sitting at a real card table. You can play live online multiplayer or go up against smart AI opponents. There are tons of game options, you can pick and choose from a variety of achievements, and the game saves automatically so you don’t lose your spot if you have to quit. There’s a tutorial that explains the game for newbies or people who haven’t played in a while and need a refresher. Long-time players appreciate that the computer opponents are actually tough to beat and act to prevent mooning.
- Excellent interface
- Listen to music while you play
- Automatic game saving
- Play online with friends and other players
- Free with in-app purchases
Here’s another Solitaire app you’re going to want to download. ▻Card Games offers you Spider Solitaire, Classic Solitaire (aka Klondike), and FreeCell Solitaire, each of which you can set to play at your choice of difficulty. The game uses Platinum scoring, which is based on moves. The more moves you make, the fewer points you will earn, as opposed to other game apps that use Timer-based scoring. Use the tap-to-place interface or use the assisted drag-and-drop option. Turn on auto-hint so you never get stuck (as long as it’s solvable), and get playing!
- Easy, medium, and hard game levels
- Optional extra-large card symbols
- Platinum scoring based on moves
- Three solitaire games
- Free card game for iPhone
Crazy Eights! is a classic version of the game pretty much everyone has played at some point in their lives. This app was developed so you can pick it up and start playing right now. You’ll have to have a decent strategy and a good hand in order to win, but the more you play, the better you will get. The app offers instructions and explanations and you have the option to adjust rules and settings to be the same as you’ve played in the past. You can play against up to four opponents and it doesn’t matter if you are a beginner or a pro, this one is suitable for everyone.
- Instructions and explanations included
- Adjustable settings and rules
- Play against up to four opponents
- Suitable for anyone
- Free card game for iPhone