For those who enjoy the hobby of quilting it seems there are always new techniques you can learn in addition to the classic ones. Additionally, you can find inspiration and ideas in a variety of places. This list of apps is dedicated to those people with a love of quilting who would like to take their knowledge of their hobby and expand it. Within this list you'll find patterns, tutorials, ways to save money on your projects, and project ideas.
The best iPhone apps for quilting
1 Nov 2019, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Crafty Amino is one of the fastest growing social networks for crafters. Build your profile, display your crafts, connect with other crafters, discuss craft and DIY projects or items, gain followers or follow others, create polls and discussions, chat about the latest craft news or trends, meet local crafters and more. This app has really become a hit with the crafting community. Crafters have an easier time connecting with others, learning new ideas and techniques, growing their brand and more.
- A growing social network for crafters
- Discuss crafts, DIY projects, trends and news
- Build a profile, Show off your crafts
- Follow others, Build your own following
- Create polls and discussions
Are you new to quilting and you are busy trying to pick up the basics, or perhaps you're an advanced quilter who is ready for more of a challenge? Either way you'll find plenty to keep you busy in the Quilting Tutorials by Missouri Star Quilt Company app. This app teaches you how to quilt by Jenny Doan who is with the Missouri Star Quilt Company. The Missouri Star Quilt Company has an online store where you can purchase quilting supplies, fabrics, and tools and now you can take advantage of its free quilting tutorial videos.
- Learn how to quilt by Jenny Doan of the Missouri Star Quilt Company
- There are a variety of free quilting tutorial videos to take you through all the steps
- Each video has a text introduction that you can read about first
As far as popular quilting magazines go the Patchwork and Quilting app is an excellent offering for those with a love of the hobby. It's within these pages you'll find all kinds of information, tips, and project ideas for quilting, patchwork, textiles, and appliqué work. The digital publication is simple to browse through, just flip through the pages as you would an actual magazine. The photos are high quality and are lively and bright, which helps to inspire you even further. There are a number of subscription options available to choose from.
- This publication is meant for any level of quilter
- There is plenty of content for quilting, patchwork, textiles, and appliqué work
- Flip through the pages with ease just as you would an actual magazine
- There are a number of subscription options
- The photos are beautiful and inspiring
- Get plenty of project ideas through the publication
While quilting is a skill that many people love the mathematics involved aren't always such a fun part of the hobby. The QuiltingCalc app presents users with eight different quilting calculators. What these do is take all the guesswork out of your project. They are able to convert fabric measurements, calculate how much fabric is needed for the border, there is a backing and batting calculator, a pieces to area calculator, a piece count calculator so you don't find yourself short, a binding calculator, a set-in and corner triangle calculator, and a square-in-a-square calculator. Each calculator has been designed to be quick and user-friendly so you can get on with your project.
- Takes all the guesswork out of your pattern/project
- There are eight different calculators provides
- Each one is fast and user-friendly
- Create perfect pieces of work each and every time