With the advent of technology, many readers may see postcards as obsolete. However, by using the following apps, you can retain the classic charm of postcards as well as deliver them from the convenience of your iPad. Check out our list of the best postcard apps for your iPad.
The best postcard apps for iPad
19 Aug 2014, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
A universal app across all platforms, this app includes more options such as picture fancy fonts & frames, map postcards, and a plethora of saving options for bonus user-friendliness points!
- A postcard app made with the iOS in mind
- Provides a very intuitive spin on making your own postcards
- Just like you’re making postcards by hand
- Landscape designs
- Uses native GPS for sending out postcards
Whether you want to share the sound of the waves crashing against your feet as you soak up the sun, or the quietness of your mountain retreat, this awesome postcard app enables you to add up to 30 seconds of audio with your postcard.
- Customizable postcard app
- Belt out a song and records it
- Attaches recording along with the image
- Records the message you’ve written specifically for the person you’re sending a postcard
- Automatic sending functions
If you like the old-fashioned postcards but wish to leverage iOS technology for easy sending options, try out this app on your iPad. It sends out printed postcards at a flat price of $1.99, worldwide, including shipping! Also works for Christmas cards, invitations, and thank-you cards.
- Custom postcard designs
- Allows worldwide distribution
- 12-pack sets
- Stylish images
- Includes double-sided calendars
This app also enables you to send real, printed postcards without the rigmarole of buying stamps and posting. Once you select your image, text, and address, your postcard will be printed in high quality color with a glossy
coating. It is mailed first class, with your address set up as the return address.
- Unique postcard designs
- Hi-res images
- Postcards sent according to credit
- Uses native GPS
- 24/7 support
This app is a must-have if you're sending postcards from Hawaii. Pick out your personal pictures from the camera roll to place them on the postcard and the app will do the rest of the work for you, placing small photos from around the island onto the postcard as a "frame" of sorts. A fantastic app for Hawaiian vacations.
- Share postcards easily online
- Multilingual functions
- Imports local pictures
- Intuitive interface
- 24/7 support
This is a highly touted app which enables users to import photos from various social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and even Dropbox to turn them into postcards at a 300dpi resolution.
- Three postcards upon sign-up
- Can be printed on glossy paper
- Free delivery anywhere
- Send virtual postcard in less than two minutes
- Updated resources
Take your postcards to the next level with the Lifecards app. Choose from hundreds of templates, add up to four photos from your camera roll, and use the array of photo-editing tools at your disposal to achieve the exact look you're going for.
- Use up to four native photos
- Free-zooming functions
- Over 300 templates
- Easy signing functions
- 24/7 support