Sudoku puzzles offer an entertaining an effective way of exercising your brain and keeping your mind sharp. Training your brain with puzzles like this has been proven to reduce cognitive decline in elderly individuals, as well as improving overall cognitive function in men and women of all ages and from all walks of life. Whether you want to maintain the health of your brain or you're simply looking for a fun way to pass the time, you're sure to find something for everyone in today's list of the best sudoku apps for iPad.
The best Sudoku apps for iPad-2021
24 Feb 2021, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Just Sudoku puzzle app, the best sudoku app for iPad is exactly what the name suggests: simply a sudoku game, where the game itself is the center of focus. Just Sudoku's interface is straight forward and simple in the right spots. This way you won't be overwhelmed by visual effects, but instead can concentrate on the numbers. Just Sudoku is like a fitness studio for your brain. Your fitness coach with the matching workouts to train your logic throughout the day or to stay mentally fit and agile with age.
- Classic and jigsaw sudoku variants with 4 difficulty settings
- Night mode, so that your eyes don't get strained at night or so that your partner can continue to sleep
- Many different help functions, each individually selectable
- Make the interface your own, with a large selection of fonts and font-sizes
- No matter if you play on iPhone or iPad, portrait and landscape modes are supported
This sudoku app suitable only for iPad is designed for puzzle lovers. You will have an access to four puzzle library levels corresponding to the four levels of strategies described in the Fundamentals. Within each level, "stars" are used to indicate difficulty. Puzzles can also be imported or created. In all cases, a Grader optionally displays abbreviations beneath the puzzle indicating the strategies needed to solve that puzzle, along with other statistics. The app features various options according to your taste and skill level.
- Switching between Solution Mode and Newspaper Mode.
- A toolkit of visual aids is available at each of the four levels of complexity
- The Grader Statistics give you a good idea of whether you are going to like solving a puzzle or not.
- You can create puzzles for a specific target level
This is a good sudoku app for those who love solving puzzles. It contains 160,000 Sudoku Puzzles, with 4 difficulty levels. There are 40,000 Sudokus for each of the four types! (10,000 Easy, 10,000 Medium, 10,000 Hard, and 10,000 Evil Sudokus). It also has four tricky types of Sudokus to try: Hyper Sudoku, Jigsaw Sudoku and Samurai Sudoku. Fast and intuitive dual-keypad input system - just tap a cell and easily mark your answer or pencil marks! Pencil marks are auto-erased as you enter answers! (Can be turned off if you wish). It also offers features such as:
- Hint function if you get stuck
- Checking your work function to spot any problems you've got if you're unsure
- Automatically saved progress
- Cells and pencil marks highlighting
- You can even listen to your own music while you play
Simply, the best Sudoku app in the App Store. The team worked hard for over a year to make everything simply perfect, whether it's service, functions, puzzle quality, design, sound, or clean visuals. Featured by Apple in 150 (!) countries in July 2013, including "App of the week" and "What's hot" in numerous iTunes App Stores around the world and get ten thousand downloads every day.
- 60 Sudoku puzzles in 6 difficulty levels, tested according to the SHD Rating
- Visuals that are clean and easy on the eyes, and a minimalistic design without bells and whistles
- Unimposing sounds, such as simple writing noises
- 3 player profiles with personal statistics for each level
The Heart Sudoku app is a beautiful, colorful way to enjoy sudoku. Gems that look like hard candies shimmer into place when you get an answer right. Tap a number to make it glow and solve the puzzle even faster. A rainbow light show celebrates your win! There are lots of options for how to play: one keypad for bigger buttons, or two for faster note entry.
- 1 million puzzles, five levels
- Realistic light effects
- Turn off the timer for a relaxing game
- See how you stack up against other players
This is one of the best Sudoku apps for the iPad as it offers an unlimited amount of puzzles for you to play. It features Game Center with 5 leaderboards and 20 achievements, Social Media integration, 5 levels of difficulty, the ability to load or save a puzzle to the app’s database, Statistics for finished puzzles, pause or resume capabilities, Undo and Redo capabilities, Smart Notes, Hints, prevent your iPad from going to sleep, In-game progress indication and so much more. With all of these great features, it’s a surprise you haven’t downloaded this app already. There’s an in-app purchase to remove ads.
- Unlimited amount of puzzles, Save favorite to app database
- Pause or Resume, Undo and Redo capabilities
- Notes, Hints, In-game progress, Turn off sleep mode
- Stats for finished puzzles, Game Center integration
- In-app purchase to remove ads
Containing more than 120 free sudoku puzzles, this iPad sudoku app comes packed with Sudoku variants including the Mini, Diagonal, Irregular, OddEven, and Mega Sudokus. There are new puzzles published for free on a regular basis by the developers. This app will help enhance cognitive skills while you kill time on your phone. There are various difficulty levels and users can save the puzzles where they left off so they can come back to it next time they have a few minutes at hand.
- Over 120 free puzzles
- Many Sudoku variants
- Free puzzles published regularly
- Various difficulty levels
- Ability to save puzzles and resume at will
This popular version of Sudoku requires you to be on top of your game to solve these Killer puzzles. It has a cool interface and intuitive controls. This good sudoku app comes with dual keypads, autosave, Combination lists, puzzle gallery, sum button, combination list button, mini-calculator, auto-note feature, undo and redo buttons, mistake highlights, two color schemes and 10 free puzzles. For more on these features, check out our review. There’s also a variety of in-app purchases to add more puzzles and more excitement to your Sudoku ventures. Sudoku Killer app review
- Intuitive controls and a nice looking interface
- Two color schemes, Mistake highlights, Auto-Save
- Undo and Redo buttons, Dual Keypads
- Min-calculator, Sum button, Combination lists
- 10 free puzzles, In-app purchases for more puzzles
As the name suggests, this is a simple, elegant, and straightforward sudoku app that cuts out all the frills and brings its users an intuitive interface on which to play their favorite brain-building game. It has a lovely interface that is clean and pleasant to the eyes. It has many puzzles that are segregated into six difficulty levels to keep you on your toes. When you select a square, it will automatically highlight the row, column, and block to help you visualize clearly and think up a strategy. This is a free, ad-supported app, but unlike other sudoku apps, there are no pop up ads here. If the ads bother the users, they can have them removed for an IAP of $1.99.
- Intuitive interface
- Free, ad-supported app
- 6 difficulty levels
- Highlights row, column, and block
- Remove ads for $1.99
Enjoy a comprehensive sudoku experience with this awesome sudoku app which allows you to track your progress in the Game Centre to see how you rank against other players. This sudoku game will provide you with a few hints to help you along the way, but don't be fooled because as you work your way up through the difficulty levels you are sure to come up against some seriously challenging puzzles that will test your mettle. Fans of sudoku puzzles will most likely never get bored of this one because there is always a fresh new puzzle to try out if you get stuck at any point.
- Offers a huge amount of replay value
- Track your performance and see how you rank against other players in the Game Centre
- Work your way through the easy levels to obtain more difficult puzzles
- Includes an innovative point system
- Receive hints to help you when you get stuck
If you are looking for an epic Sudoku experience, then check out this sudoku app. It has 5 different Sudoku games in one, which gives you more options and more fun. There are thousands of puzzles and goals that will challenge you. Get new puzzles daily, complete your goals, get hints if needed, 5 levels of difficulty, auto notes, and more. The Wordoku game requires you to find the hidden word and Killer Sudoku is for the advanced players. There’s something for everyone in this wonderful Sudoku app. An in-app purchase is available if you desire to get the premium version.
- 5 Sudoku games in one
- New puzzles daily, Complete goals, Get hints
- Auto notes, 5 levels of difficulty
- Great for beginners and advances users
- In-app purchase for premium version
Sometimes, we might need a little assistance with trying to solve a difficult Sudoku puzzle. This sudoku app is designed to help those who want help. It’s easy to use and has a friendly interface, clean look and sleek design. You have the option to solve the whole puzzle or just to select one number at a time. This is great for those that don’t want the entire thing given away but need just a little nudge in the right direction. Shake the iDevice to erase last entry, open puzzles that you manually entered via Vivid Sudoku and if you desire to remove the ads, there’s an in-app purchase for that.
- User friendly, clean and sleek look
- Solve the entire puzzle, Or just get one number at a time
- Shake the iDevice to erase last entry
- Open puzzles from Vivid Sudoku
- In-app purchase to remove ads and add fonts
Sudoku Joy offers 17 levels of difficulty, which will guide the novice into becoming an expert. This sudoku app offers a tutorial with practice games and an advanced hint system. This is perfect for those of you that are still learning how to play. There’s a puzzle generator for unlimited play, scan puzzles from a book or newspaper, easy to read digits, learn new techniques through tutorials, infinite Undo and Redo, six color schemes, manual or auto pencil marks, game clocks, choice of digit styles and so much more. There’s an in-app purchase to remove the ads on this app. Sudoku Joy provides hours of enjoyment for users just starting out to those more advanced.
- 17 levels of difficulty, Advanced hint system
- Great tutorials, Puzzle generator for unlimited puzzles
- Scan newspaper and books or manually enter new puzzles
- Infinite Undo and Redo, Color schemes and Digit styles, Manual or Auto pencil marks
- In-app purchase to remove ads
There’s an unlimited amount of puzzles for you to satiate your wildest Sudoku desires. Play anytime you want online or offline with various levels of difficulty. The app allows you to play across all of your iDevices, Undo and Redo as many times as you want, 10 concurrent grids, Manual notes or Automatic notes, error highlights, customizable display settings, and more great features. The app’s design is fast, user friendly, big buttons and non-intrusive. You can upgrade the app to get 5 more difficulty levels.
- Unlimited Sudoku puzzles
- Play online or offline
- Undo and Redo, Manual or Automatic Notes
- Error highlighting, Customizable display settings
- Upgrade the app to get 5 more difficulty levels
This Sudoku app guarantees that you will never have to look for a paper Sudoku puzzle again. There are 4 levels of difficulty all on an intuitive interface that has many cool functions and features right at your fingertips. If you have to stop playing or somehow experience an interruption, the app is saved exactly where you left off. There are 3 input methods, pencil marks, Auto-save, Undo and Redo, hints, real time competitions, top scores, history of scores, highlight specific digits, see your errors and track your progress online. This app is supported by ads. However, there’s an in-app purchase for the premium version.
- 4 levels of difficulty, 3 input methods
- Pencil marks, Undo and redo, Auto-Save
- Hints, Competitions, Top Scores and History
- Highlight digits and errors, Track progress online
- Purchase the premium version to remove ads