A lot of people love role-playing games, aka RPG, but they are usually expensive and not all of them have much replay value. Most of the ones on our list are free, but they won’t disappoint you. All have at least a 4.5 star rating, and you won’t have to be a basement dweller to enjoy them. Have a look at our list of the best RPG apps for iPhone and try out a new one today.
The best RPG apps for iPhone
15 Sep 2021, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Darkness Rises, the good RPG app for iPhone is a revolutionary Action RPG that blends gorgeous graphics, innovative gameplay, and intense boss battles, all within the palm of your hands. The Darkness rises RPG app spreads across the land, bringing with it a horde of ferocious demons ready to breach gates. An epic fantasy RPG awaits - the path will be gruelling, but you must persevere and descend into hell itself to destroy this evil before it ravages our world.
- Hack and slash your way through demons and hordes of monsters
- Single player RPG mode lets you face the demonic horde on your own
- Explore the various levels of dark dungeons
- Enjoy epic visuals that will truly immerse you into the world of Darkness Rises
- Fantasy RPG gameplay mechanics - use the Soul Link ability to seize control of monsters and turn your enemies against themselves
- Take legendary heroes on dungeon raids - gather your allies to explore menacing dungeons and discover rare loot
- Join a guild and form a party of warriors
Untold, the top RPG app for iPhone is an immersive text-based RPG adventure, combining old school CYOA (Choose Your Own Adventure) features with modern twists. Try before you buy! The Untold RPG app is free to try up to a certain point in the story where you’ll be offered to purchase the full game in order to continue.
- Nostalgic table-top RPG style
- Many secrets to discover
- Equip and build your character
- Over 8 hours of playtime (Estimated, single play-through)
- Replayability with different play styles opening up different locations, NPCs and gear
- Text based choices adventure RPG
This best role-playing game for iPhone was selected as the Best Games of 2015 and Editor's Choice on iPhone and iPad in South Korea! With this Best iPhone RPG game, you can hack and slash through the demonic Legion and save the world from destruction.
Join the Resistance hero, with Angel Stone your adventure awaits!
- • A deep and immersive multimedia story experience.
- • Beautifully Rendered Fully 3D Graphics
- • Over 100 powerful skills, mix and match to fit your play style!
- • Unique controls, you can choose how to fight back!
- • A wide range of weapons and armor to outfit your character!
An Endless Amount of Content to Create the World! Vast life content, including fishing and taming, along with your own Camp to manage and expand. Trustworthy pets and horses to keep you company on your adventures. "Finally, An Actual Open-World For Mobile!
- Experience the amazing adventure in Black Desert on Mobile.
- Breathtaking Action:Play as 5 unique classes with dynamic skills.
- Immersive world with sophisticated, high-fidelity graphics! Take the original quality experience anywhere you go on mobile.
- Express Yourself with Extreme Character Customization: Simple tools allow for high degree of freedom in character customization!
In this unique RPG, join Embla in her epic fight to stop the end of all worlds and establish her as one of Solgard’s most legendary heroes. The war to prevent Ragnarok has begun and each battle will require your best strategy. Are you ready to jump in the arena, fight epic battles and enter the pantheon of Solgard’s ancient heroes?
- Use strategy to battle hordes of ice enemies, claim bounties on legendary villains, defeat epic Bosses and win the war against evil to become a true legend of Solgard.
- Action your RPG skills and fight in the Hero Arena.
- Legend of Solgard is completely free to play, but some optional in-game items will require payment.
- Easily sync the game between devices and access full game features when connected to the internet.
Battle Cry is a text based MMO RPG game with in-depth strategy and is highly addictive. The goal is to lead the forces into battle against the enemies and bring back order to the world. This game is loaded with features that help it to stand out above the rest. Build up a vast military force, fortify your defense, defeat enemies in battle, update your military strategy, build infrastructures to manage the economy, infiltrated enemy lines, earn achievements in the form of Honor Medals, sync your account, win weekly tournaments and so much more. Another cool aspect of this game is that you can build alliances and chat with them in-app. This game does have in-app purchases to expedite gameplay.
- A feature packed MMO RPG
- Build a military force, Defeat your enemies in battle
- Join an alliance with others, Chat through the app
- Earn achievements, Sync account, Play in tournaments
- In-app purchases for gold bars
HonorBound will have you choosing your army and leading it to battle as you try to collect hundreds of heroes. There are thousands of players to challenge and you w have to choose your type of play. This one is easy to pick up but hard to master; it’s even harder to put down. Features include the ability to customize your army from over 300 different unit types, a combat system that puts an emphasis on action and strategy, and hundreds of different demons, enemies, and monsters to battle. You can use sorcery to catch certain monsters and turn them into allies. The world is amazingly detailed, vibrant, lush, and full of allies and foes.
- Combination of Game of Thrones and Pokemon
- Great-looking game
- Battle hundreds of different monsters, demons, and enemies
- Customize your army
- Free with in-app purchases
The World Ends with You: Solo Remix is an addictive combat game where you will activate your combat abilities with simple touch commands. Slash, tap, and frag Neku and his partner. When you finish the main story, you will unlock a hilarious bonus chapter with more items ago find and quests to complete. The huge world in this RPG app is based on the real-life Shibuya in Tokyo where you will visit real locations and experience realistic Japanese culture. You will enjoy the art and animation in this full HD game since it has been redrawn just for this release. There are 60 songs on the soundtrack.
- Great gameplay
- Tons of replay value
- Amazing soundtrack
- Redrawn art and Retina support
- Paid RPG app for iPhone
Evolution: Battle for Utopia requires you to take charge of an interstellar expedition. You’ve crashed your starship on a post-apocalyptic planet and you will make your way through this multi-genre RPG app with an engaging storyline, exciting gameplay, and engrossing combat. You will have to build a military base, establish a colony, and fortify your defence. Shape the planet as you turn the world’s wasteland into a thriving environment that will support life. Investigate the surrounding world and fight along with your allies and friends. Fido is a cyborg dog and your companion who will go with you as you make your way through the game. Evolution: Battle for Utopia app review
- Uncover the mysteries of Utopia
- Establish a colony
- Investigate and find valuable resources
- Exciting gameplay
- Free with in-app purchases
A Dark Room is an RPG app for your iPhone that was developed by an indie game developer. It has been ranked in the top 10 games lists for 70 countries. This is a difficult, suspenseful game that will quickly have you addicted to playing. It comes across as a simple resource-collecting game but it’s really more. This is a game that we don’t want to tell you too much about because this is one you need to experience for yourself. You will enjoy hearing the maker’s story with the added commentary. Play through the game once or again and again; it’s up to you. This is beautifully crafted game.
- Difficult and suspenseful
- Not as simple as it appears
- Play it through over and over or just once
- Makes you think
- No ads, no in-app purchases