Did you know your iPhone can be one of your most important tools for bodybuilding? If you're looking to plan your diet, track workouts and macros, get some motivation, or just change things up a bit, there are a ton of bodybuilding apps you can use at home, on the road, or at the gym. Check out our list of the best iPhone apps for bodybuilding.
The best iPhone apps for bodybuilding
9 Apr 2021, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
This is a bodybuilding app for iPhone. Beginner Bodybuilding Workout is a great beginning bodybuilding routine that will help you make muscle gains and gain size. This is a 4-day split muscle building workout that is specifically designed to gain muscle. The bodybuilding app for beginners features:
- See illustrations that will show you how to build muscle for each workout
- Track your progress through our workout history and calendar features
- Supplement your gains and muscle building by cutting fat with our 2 HIIT options
- Add custom sets and reps if you want to get outside of our default muscle building workouts
- Our timer keeps you at the right pace to build muscle and keep the correct pace
- Change weight from 1 pound to 999 pounds, we have it all
Start building muscle or losing weight today with your 7-day free trial. Bodybuilding.com BodyFit lets you work out anywhere; lose weight, build muscle, increase strength, or just improve overall fitness.
Access thousands of workouts at the gym or at home; work out anywhere, any time. Each plan was designed by fitness experts for the best results.
- Step-By-Step Exercise & Workout Instruction
- Follow your progress and watch your fitness levels and strength increase as you build lean muscle
- Working with the best minds in fitness, our trainers share their favorite tips and tricks to get the most out of your workout regimen
- Learn about ingredients and how to get the most out of your workouts and achieve weight-loss or muscle-building results faster
The fitbod app creates an exercise routine for you that will target “fresh” muscles with suitable exercises depending on a whole bunch of factors. The app looks at how long it has been since your last workout, how often you work out, your fitness level, and more. The app is able to match volume, intensity, and exercises to your fitness style and goal depending on if you want to build muscle, bodybuild, gain strength, or perform powerlifting or olympic weightlifting. You'll get exercises you can do at work, gym, or home, and there are more than 300 exercises in the database. You're given the recommended number of sets, reps, and weights for the best results.
- More than 300 exercises
- Uses individualization
- Well-balanced workouts
- Track, plan, and log workouts
- Free bodybuilding app
Lift Log is a simple workout tracker for bodybuilders and strength trainers. The app is simple, easy to use, and has a great interface. The focus here is on your workout, not inputting information into the app as you work out. Record your sets quickly and easily. There's no need to configure anything you add, just start lifting and log what you lift. It's for beginners and experts alike and offers everything you need to track your workouts to help you see your progress and get stronger. Lift Log remembers your routines that you type in and will track them forever so you don't have to constantly enter the same information. It also has graphs that show your progress as time goes on.
- Minimalist interface
- Remembers your routine forever
- Two taps will record a set
- Simple and intuitive
- Focus on your workout, not the app
AnabolicMinds is the app that connects you with the hundreds of thousands of other people interested in bodybuilding, fitness, health, and nutrition. You'll have access to articles on topics ranging from supplements to nutrition to workouts and more. Browse the Supplement, Training, and Nutrition Forums, join in on the Bodybuilding and Anabolic discussions, peek in on the General Conversation area, and link to the AnabolicMinds website. There's also a News section where you can catch up on all the latest relevant news. The website itself offers photos, reviews, and an online store where you can buy supplements and more.
- Link to website with more features
- Free iPhone app for bodybuilding
Wendler Log makes it easy to track and calculate your Wendler 5/3/1 powerlifting routine. If you're tired of using spreadsheets you will love this app. Never look at another weight chart or percentage chart again. With each new cycle, your weights will automatically increase how you set it up so you won't have to do any math. You can use the four basic lifts (back squat, deadlift, bench press, and military press) or add your own. The app features a rest timer, one rep max calculator, the ability to choose your units, an easy-to-use interface, and a complete history of all of your Wendler workouts.
- Automatically increase the weight for each new cycle
- Rest timer
- One rep max calculator
- Customize the number of weeks in your cycles
- Free with in-app purchase to upgrade
Want to work those stomach muscles? Abs Workout will be your very own personal trainer that only needs 10 minutes a day. It doesn't matter if you're a beginner or have been working out for years: you'll see results quickly with this app (as long as your eating is on point, of course). If you've never done an ab workout before, just follow the videos. You will learn the proper technique and you can choose from easy, medium, or hard. There are 13 workouts to use, and you can even select which personal trainer you want to use. You will get calendar alerts to remind you to do your workouts, and you can listen to the offered music or your own.
- 10 minutes a day
- Choose your personal trainer
- Follow the videos
- Easy, medium, or hard exercises
- Free with in-app purchases
The Bodybuilding.com Store app gives you a way to shop for your supplements, vitamins, and other nutrition products like protein powder, creatine, weight gainers, and more. You can do your shopping fast with Wish List or Quick Reorder, or take your time browsing and selecting what you want. If you need help, the Discovery tool can display personalized recommendations. Some more items you will see in the store include greens powders, protein bars, per-workout powders, fat burners, multivitamins, natural testosterone builders, joint support supplements, sleep aids, appetite suppressants, and diuretics. All of your favorite brands are here.
- Shop for all of your supplements, vitamins and minerals, and other performance products
- Athletic wear
- Shaker bottles
- Protein powders, bars, and more
- Quick Reorder saves you time
Workout: Gym routines tracker & trainer plan, free offers workout plans for beginners and advanced lifters alike, with videos and clear photos for people who need a bit more instruction or explanation of how to perform certain moves. This is a complete gym workout app with an exercise database, programmed workouts, and more. You can choose from time-based, free weight- or machine-based routines, and bodyweight workout plans. The app offers audio cues for your rest time between sets, smooth navigation, and over 3000 different variations of exercises. Each exercise has photos, a high-res video, and a detailed description.
- Search by equipment type, muscle group, or keyword
- Beginner, Intermediate, and Expert routines
- Lots of exercises
- Photos, videos, and descriptions of each exercise
- Save your favorites
- Free with in-app purchases
BodySpace is a social fitness platform by Bodybuilding.com. You get workout tools, content, trackers, and social features all designed to help you improve your strength and/or physique. You can pick a training program out of the dozens available from trainers and athletes like Jamie Eason, Lee Labrada, Jim Stoppani, Ashley Conrad, and more. There are thousands of Community-built programs you can choose from: pick the one best suited for your experience level, age, goals, gender, duration, or number of workouts per week. You'll get a daily to-do list with reminders when you apply the training program to your BodyCalendar. If you don't want a whole program, you can choose a workout or just browse the individual exercises.
- Social fitness platform
- Workouts, programs, and exercises to choose from
- Free iPhone app for bodybuilding
Use the Strong app to track your weightlifting workouts. The app suits all types and levels of experience, from novice weight lifters to advanced powerlifters and everyone in between. Features include a warm up calculator, a simple interface, plate calculator, bodyweight tracker, advanced stats, cardio and strength exercises, and graphs that show your progress. You can add you own exercises to the database, add your own routines to use, add notes to your workouts, and browse through your previous workouts. There's a build-in auto countdown timer that keeps track of time between sets, and you can export your workout info by email and to CSV format.
- Track your weightlifting workouts
- For people of all experience level
- Plate calculator, timer, and graphs
- Cardio and strength exercises
- Free with in-app purchases