If you are a fan of extreme sports or want to learn more about living life on the edge, then check out our list of the best extreme sports apps for the iPhone and iPad.
The best extreme sports apps for the iPhone-2021
24 Feb 2021, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
WOO, an app for kiteboarding, is a device designed for Kiteboarders. Clip a WOO on your board or record GPS with your phone, and play the games you love not on the couch, but in the great outdoors, being active. Games available on this Woo sports app include Kite - Big Air, where riders battle for highest jump, Kite - Freestyle, where landing freestyle tricks with a low kite ups your score, and Kite - Freeride (part of the Premium subscription package), where riders can post GPS sessions and send friends a notification when you go out riding.
- Every game puts your riding on the global stage
- Share, compare, and compete with riders worldwide
- Post GPS sessions and send friends a notification when you go out riding
- Available for iPhone 4S and higher, running iOS 8 and higher
ClimbingAway indexes more than 7000 rock climbing areas all around the world with maximum of informations, accurate locations, gorgeous pictures, frequently updated by climber’s community. More than 70 digital guidebooks are now featured too! Revolutionary and ethical guides usable at the foot of the crag without network! One of the best guides around for passionate climbers.
- On the road, on the rock, traveling everywhere, Climbing Away allows you to find a rock-climbing area around you.
- ClimbingAway features a grade converter and a technical climbing vocabulary translator in 5 languages.
- You can buy an auto-renewable subscription through your iTunes account to suppress ads and limitations.
- Free download!
The world's most popular free-flight app! The most comprehensive source for site info, forecasts, webcams, photos & more! Do you need inspiration for this incredible sport? Look no further: See where you can fly right now. Worldwide destinations at your fingertips! Look through 1000s of photos of take-off and landing zones give you a great impression of each spot.
- Explore over 14,000 launch sites, 7,000 landings, 40,000 weather stations and 39,000 webcams.
- Official data from the DHV, Flyland, FFVL, Paragliding Earth and more.
- Automatic translation of site descriptions into your language.
- 3-day forecasts from WindFinder and real-time weather station data from Pioupiou, Holfuy, MADIS and FFVL show you actual weather conditions.
Watersports tracker - the best app dedicated to watersports such as: kayaking, canoe and rafting, windsurfing, kitesurfing, surfing, sup, sailing and yachting. After each session you can see it on the map and check detailed statistics of your session. There is also an option to track your sessions with your phone. Record a playback session and analyse it in detail!
- Save notes about each session.
- Analyse heart rate data throughout your workout.
- Super cool updating activity rings!
- Audio feedback on distance and duration every mile/kilometer.
Take your kitesurfing to the next level - learn and get inspired with Progression’s legacy of instructional videos. Download new techniques and tricks through the Player App and watch anytime, anywhere. Whether you’re a complete beginner to the sport, or want to progress from a twin tip board and try strapless wave riding, this app has it all!
- Progression is the world’s leader in video coaching for kiteboarders and kitesurfers alike.
- Our library of over 50 videos, 145 tricks & techniques, and over 15 hours of content.
- Find Videos, Purchase & Download - Get individual tricks or techniques for in-depth instruction.
- Anytime. Anywhere - Videos are downloaded permanently to your device so that you can watch offline.
Surfline is the most trusted name in marine weather forecasting and has been helping surfers of all skill levels find great waves since 1985. Get access to the world’s largest network of live surf cams, real-time surf reports, long range swell analysis, and more. Relive your surf sessions and analyze your performance with the newest feature in the Surfline app. Surfline app review
- Surfline’s team of meteorologists provide you with the most accurate daily surf reports and forecasts for thousands of surf spots worldwide.
- Surfline also produces award-winning surf news, travel, and educational content delivered multiple times per day.
- Surfline integrates with Health and Activity Apps. It measures your heart rate and calories burned.
- Long Range Swell Forecasts – Get the long-range forecast for over 3,000 spots
Find out the latest new about wind, waves, weather and tides anywhere in the world for kitesurfing, windsufing, surfing, sailing, and fishing. Detailed wind forecasts and weather forecasts that let you always find the spot with the best wind, waves, and weather conditions for your sport. Current wind measurements and weather observations, so that you can make your own weather predictions! Windfinder app review
- Perfect app for water sports enthusiasts.
- Free download!
- Always find the perfect weather for your water sport, and stop being disappointed by bad weather.
- Detailed wind forecasts and weather forecasts for over 40,000 spots.
SKYCRU, mobile tools for extreme sports athletes. We own the SKY. Whether you are into skydiving, freerunning, zorbing, or mountain climbing, you will find all the information you need in this amazing app. Download it for free and follow your dreams. Never stop improving your technique, and receive all f the latest news and more!
- Complete student management in the palm of your hand!
- See how your friends are improving their own areas of expertise.
- Create your own profile, and follow your heroes.
- Free download!
Skydive Planner helps you plan, share, and score your skydives. Built for syydivers, by skydivers. Use the built-in scorekeeper to score dives without needing one person to watch the dive and another to watch the clock. You can share dive plans with others via Facebook, Twitter, SMS, Email and Air Drop. Get inspired, and share your maddest dives!
- Supports 4-way & 8-way FS and 2-way & 4-way CF.
- Competition dives can be generated from any pool.
- The number of rounds or points per round can be adjusted to generate training dives or fun jumps.
- Handy reference tables show you what formations are in all the pools including clear color images.