Are you looking for a way to keep your young child happy, entertained, and maybe even give him or her a bit of an educational experience? Piano apps have proven time and time again to be huge hits with the kids; in fact, even babies can touch the keys on the screen and delight in the sounds they are able to create. This list takes a look at a variety of apps that are ideal for kids and adults, and are sure to keep everyone entertained.
The best piano apps for iPhone
4 May 2020, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
If you're looking for a more adult-like take on a piano app the Gismart Piano Free app is worth checking out. This one features the full 88-key piano keyboard so you can play any tune you like. Use either the dual or single keyboard, whichever you find more comfortable. The app also supports the MIDI keyboard. To mix things up a bit more you can choose from a few different instruments, which are the piano, accordion, pipe organ, grand piano, or harpsichord. The app is very easy to use and no instructions are needed. Simply launch the app and start playing music. Perhaps, the most impressive feature for the app is it's new 3D touch function which makes playing the piano on the iPhone more realistic than ever.
- Easy to use, Very realistic
- A variety of instruments besides the piano
- Full keyboard of 88 keys, 3D Touch
- The app supports the MIDI keyboard
- Choose from a single or dual keyboard
Sometimes you feel like just tapping away on the keyboard and creating your own music, whereas other times you're looking for more of a learning experience. The Piano 3D app contains all kinds of songs and lessons that you can enjoy any time you like. The sounds are crisp and clear so you will swear you're using a real piano. Of course the 3D graphics add to the realistic feel of the app. Features include being able to record your playing, the keyboard is multi-touch, the app supports Audiobus, use your left and right hand, there is midi out/virtual midi out, and more.
- The app is 3D and features superb sound quality
- Learn how to play more than 750 songs
- Record your playing
- The app includes a variety of advanced features and tools
- The app sounds like a real piano
Play timeless Piano classics and popular radio hits for free. No prior experience necessary! Yokee’s Piano app is so easy to use, you’ll be playing like a pro within seconds. Enjoy a rich songbook of songs across a wide variety of music genres like classical, popular hits, traditional and kids’ songs. With new free songs added daily you can learn new tunes, perfect your favorites, share them with the world.
- CHOOSE from a huge catalogue of songs and musicals across a variety of genres and themes.
- PLAY a chosen song at the difficulty level of your choice (beginner, intermediate, advanced).
- CHALLENGE your friends to play the same tune via Whatsapp, Facebook, Twitter, SMS, Email etc. and see who is the better pianist!
If you're looking for that perfect piano app for your kids to try the Tiny Piano app has proven to be very popular among users. This one offers a user-friendly approach to playing the piano and it features more than 400 different songs. Adults will have just as much fun as the kids and because it's so easy to use, no-one will get frustrated by excessive menus, features, and tools. The app is very responsive to touch so a light tap is all it takes on this piano. Your mobile device will look just like a keyboard, giving you a very realistic experience.
- The app is ideal for kids and adults
- There are more than 400 songs to play
- The keyboard takes up the full screen
- The app is responsive and just requires a light touch
- The user interface is simple and without clutter
If you've always wondered what it would be like to be a pro on the piano the Fingertip Maestro will give you a hand. This one makes it possible to compose your own music, record it, share it, and basically make music accessible to all from their mobile device. You've got 21 different instruments to use within the app include all kinds of pianos, the bass guitar, drums, a sitar, and so many more. The idea is that you can play and not only create realistic sounds, but also have a realistic experience in terms of how it feels and responds.
- The app comes with 21 different instruments to play
- You can record your music
- You can share your music with others
- The app sounds and feels realistic
- The app teaches you how to play
When taking a look at the various piano apps available they all seem to have their own features and tools. If you're looking for one that has a huge song selection, then look no further than the Piano ∞: Learn app. This one has a song library or more than 1,000 songs spanning across all the different genres. It seems as though musicians and those who just enjoy dabbling on the piano are liking this one. It's not just a fun app, it will also teach you how to play these songs. The price of the app includes the full song library so there are no in-app purchases necessary.
- The app features more than 1,000 songs in its library
- All genres of music are represented
- The app teaches you how to play the various songs
- There are no in-app purchases necessary
- Professionals and novices enjoy the app
Because not everyone has time to pick up a new skill the Simply Piano by JoyTunes app just makes sense. This one has been created for those who don't have hours to devote to a music class each week, but still want to learn how to play. Through this app you will learn how to master chords and various songs on your own schedule. There are daily workouts you can take part in, you will start from the basics and work your way up, and there are different levels as you go along. The app is meant to be used by adults and kids interested in learning.
- Learn to play piano in a short amount of time
- Daily workouts that you can fit into your schedule any time
- The app starts with the basics and works up from there
- Meant for kids and adults
- You will progress to higher levels as you learn
Now you can be a musician on your mobile device with the Yousician app. This one gives users a fun, easy, and very fast way to learn to play not just the piano but also the bass, guitar, and ukulele. There are literally thousands of songs in the app that you can learn to play all of which include the sheet music to them. If you'd rather, you can always upload your own songs. Be sure to also check out the weekly challenges that will really test your skills. The goal of this app is to make the learning process engaging and fun so it doesn’t feel as though you are learning.
- Learn to play a variety of instruments
- There are thousands of songs loaded into the app
- You can upload your own song if you like
- Become a pro fairly quickly with this offering
- The experience is fun and engaging
There are a variety of pianos to learn how to play but perhaps the most popular is the grand piano. Now you can learn to play on this beautiful instrument with the Grand Piano app. The app features a full size keyboard, the ability to customize the metronome and sounds, has a learning mode that is easy to follow, the songs are always being updated, you can adjust the speed at which you learn, and there is even a watch mode that is ideal for starting in. Be sure to share all your accomplishments with your friends on Facebook.
- The app features a wide variety of songs to learn
- The app is fully customizable in all kinds of ways
- You control the speed at which you learn
- The app has a full sized keyboard
- Share your songs with friends on Facebook