If you're looking to lose weight, improve your health, or generally keep a closer eye on what you eat each day then try downloading one of these great apps to help you along the way. These are some of the best iPhone apps for nutrition, combining nutritional databases with food tracking, and general educational content to help you more easily figure out what you should and shouldn't be eating to achieve your personal goals. You'll find more than enough information to help you get started on your weight loss journey.
The best iPhone apps for nutrition
30 Sep 2021, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Freshbit - The simple & powerful Calorie Counter and Carb Manager, the good app for nutrition information. Whether you're trying to eat less sugar, lose weight, or ensure you have a well-rounded diet with the right balance of macros & vitamins, this app helps you achieve your health goal. Freshbit provides you with data on nutrients and helps you understand the impact of what you eat on your body as it's always better to eat the right food than to take medicine or supplements.
- Three features in one app: Calorie Counter + Water Tracker + Exercise Log
- Customize to your dietary needs and goals
- Visualize your success
- Ensure a well-rounded-diet
- Create custom daily/weekly reminders to help you stay on track
Would you like to have a better relationship with food and your body? Make dietary changes for medical reasons? Overcome overeating or binge eating? Keep on track with a nutrition plan? Link with your dietitian or doctor for feedback? Then the Nourishly App is for you! This iPhone app for nutrition was built with input from leading dietitians, psychologists and researchers to bring together “what works”, including:
- Cognitive-behavioural meal, activity, sleep, hunger and temptation tracking
- Simple and specialized meal plans
- Science backed micro-missions that tweak your habits to unlock breakthroughs
- Thought provoking and surprising rewards
- Resilience strategies to help unstick you when needed
- Link with your care team to get feedback and precision treatment!
The Editors' Choice 2018 Lifesum app is your personalized Diets and Meal Plans, food and exercise tracking, calorie counter, and healthy recipes, all in one place. Join 40 million users on the journey to better health and discover how tracking small habits can make a big difference in becoming happier and healthier. Get healthy and feel great with Lifesum.
- Follow a Classic Diet and get your calories and macros (carbs, proteins, and fats) tracked
- Get a basic day rating to see how well you’re meeting daily intake goals, plus the quality of foods you track each day
- Track your weight and waist measurements
- Import and export your nutrition data, exercise data, and weight and body measurements to and from the Apple Health app
Have you ever needed help with what to eat or what not to eat? If yes, then Suggestic just might be the solution to all of your nutritional problems and poor eating choices. This app will suggest the best foods to eat based on your personal goals, preferences and restrictions. It will also provide a list of restaurant menu items that will help you to adhere to your nutrition goals. You can also learn new recipes and dishes to try. Suggestic integrates with Apple Health to further customize your new, healthy diet and continues to become more customized as you interact with the app. It’s artificial intelligence at its best.
- Receive nutritional recommendations on what to eat
- Over 1 million recipes to browse, Recommended restaurant menu items
- Everything is personalized based on you and your needs
- Integrates with Apple Health
- Very effective way to eat healthier
The premise behind this app is to work with a private coach so that he or she can help you in the areas of nutrition and weight loss. However, this app puts its own unique spin on things by having users take pictures of their meals and sending the pics to their coaches. Then the coach will tell you what’s wrong and how to improve your diet. The app offers two options for subscriptions, which are required in order to talk with coaches. There’s real-time help, by real coaches, for real people and their real problems.
- Get access to coaches for nutrition and weight loss
- Take pictures of your meals or foods
- Send pictures to your personal coach
- Coach will point out problems, Offer tips and solutions
- Requires monthly subscriptions to access coaches
If you have ever wondered how much of certain nutrients are in your favorite fruits and vegetables then you will find this app to be very interesting as it provides detailed nutritional information for more than 8,500 different food items. This app also provides information for a wide range of meats and animal products, but if you are a vegan or vegetarian then you'll be pleased to know that you can filter out these results until you find only foods that meet your chosen criteria. All of the nutritional data in this app is USDA-approved, so you can rest assured that you're receiving only the most accurate information.
- More than 8,500 nutrition food facts
- Categorize the food you want to know
- Able to create list of your favorite food
- Check out foods which are rich in vitamins and minerals
- Data is provided by USDA
With more than 2,000 5-star ratings in the App Store, iTrackBites - Points Calculator with Weight Loss Exercise Tracker and Calorie Lose Counter for Diet Food Nutrition Watchers is one of the premier weight loss apps for iPhone. With this handy apple your iPhone you have everything you need to keep track of your daily food intake, while being able to very quickly and at foods to your database thanks to the integrated barcode scanner. What's more, you can choose food items from the USDA database to ensure that all of the information you track is completely accurate.
- Quick and easy diet tracking
- Monitor your exercise
- Create a list of your favourite foods
- Includes information for restaurants, beer, and snacks
- Includes USDA-approved foods
Lose It! – Weight Loss Program and Calorie Counter has been featured in the App Store Essentials, and it is hardly surprising when you see the extensive array of great features that are on offer in this fantastic utility. This app offers full compatibility with NikeFuel, as well as providing everything you need to monitor your food intake and exercise wherever you go. You'll also be pleased to know that you can share your favorite foods with your friends and family online via social media websites.
- Track your food intake and exercise
- Compatible with NikeFuel
- Plan your meals and workouts ahead of time
- Share your success online
- Create healthy recipes
Fooducate - Lose Weight, Get Motivated, and Eat Healthier is an incredibly comprehensive utility that enables you track just about every aspect of your food intake and exercise with seamless integration to the Apple Health app. This app places a great deal of emphasis on monitoring the quality of your calories rather than just blindly counting them, so you can ensure that you are always receiving adequate nutrition while dieting. You can also interact with the active community of users, so if you have questions or just need some motivation then you'll love this app.
- Monitor your food and exercise
- Track caloric quality
- Scan barcodes
- Share progress online
- Interact with the community
LIVESTRONG is an incredibly popular health and fitness website, and now they have done an awesome job with this app that enables you to keep track of all aspects of your workouts, diet, and general health. Within this app you'll find a staggeringly large database of more than 2 million food items, and you'll enjoy full integration with the Apple Health app so you can synchronize your records across all of your iOS devices. On top of all of this you'll find reminders, goal setting features, and loads of customization features to offer a truly unique experience.
- Monitor all of your food intake and workouts
- Sync with the Apple Health app
- Sync with LIVESTRONG.COM
- Set up meal reminders
- Compatible with Apple Watch
With a detailed database of more than 650,000 foods, and full integration the Today widget, Calorie Counter and Food Diary by MyNetDiary - for Diet and Weight Loss offers an extensive collection of tools for your weight loss journey. As well as offering an array of nutritional tools, this app also includes more than 500 different exercises, and you can even add your own to the database. What's more, this app enables you to create personalized weight loss goals so that you can hold yourself accountable and stay motivated.
- Track your diet with more than 650,000 foods
- Includes a detailed exercise database
- Set personalized goals
- Integrates with the Apple Health app
- Interact with a registered dietitian in the forums