Boxing is all about stamina, dedication, hard work, and technique and sometimes you need a little motivation and inspiration to keep with it. One great way to do this is with technology you have on hand; namely, your iPhone and the apps you can get to help you out with all aspects of the sport. Some apps will help you improve your skills, some will act as a trainer, some will act as trackers, some you can use to help you make predictions on viewed matches, and more. Check out our list of the best boxing apps for iPhone.
The best boxing apps for iPhone 2020
18 Aug 2020, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Boxing Training will help you on your way to becoming an elite boxer. You have to learn proper form for techniques and skill sets. This app will teach you combinations, sparring, punching, defense, speed bag drills, footwork, focus mitt drills, and more. You will also be required to work on flexibility, cardio, strength, athleticism, and footwork to round out all of your skills so you can get into the type of shape you need to be in for a match. You'll improve your upper and lower body strength, core strength, quickness, stamina, endurance, balance, coordination, and you will burn fat.
- Learn how to box
- Develop good footwork and quick feet
- Increase strength
- Free with in-app purchases
This is the best app to simply practice boxing from home, at the gym or outside. With it you can improve your skills & stamina from anywhere by doing shadow boxing exercises. It's possible to pick from a selection of workouts or customize the experience entirely! The app then generates exercises on the spot, meaning that two workouts will never be the same, which is great to stay engaged and not get bored. During the entire time, an audio coach will give you directions and advice.
- Multiple modes, like pad word, freestyle, repetition and more
- A lot of workouts to pick from ranging from HIIT to slower pace
- Fully customisable experience & smart generated exercises so you never get bored
- Statistics on your progress to stay motivated and focused
Uppercut is a reference app that will make sure you always know the up-to-date schedules so you can decide what fights to watch this week and what ones are upcoming. You'll see this week's cards including fighters, their weight classes, and any belts at stake. You'll know where and when to watch the fights so you don't miss even a minute. This is a must-have app for all boxing fans who want to know all about what fights are scheduled, who's fighting, and what the stakes are.
- Reference app
- Know the up-to-date fight schedule
- See what's going on this week
- See what's coming up
- Free boxing app for iPhone
This is the fully functional, free version of the boxing timer app. You can use it for various purposes like boxing training, MMA, Tabata, yoga, HITT and any other physical activity that requires a timed period. The app has a customizable round ending notice, screen never dims, works in background even when your iPhone is in the locked screen, you can use it while playing music, view session progress charts, color coded data and much more. There is a paid version of this app that has more features.
- A timer that can be used for various training purposes
- Notifications for end of round
- Runs in background or locked screen
- View session progress charts, Color coded data
- There’s a paid version with more features
Sportsfusion is the place to go for boxing news and videos. The app pulls all the boxing news stories from across the entire web and gives you a clean feed so it's easier to read. Features include a clean feed with no duplicate stories (one tap will take you to all the sources that covered the same story), push notification options, a TV schedule for all fights, videos curated from YouTube, in-app commenting system, read later function, and a customized news feed. You can filter out unwanted sources and view in collapsed mode as well, which is a great way to consume this content using the smaller iPhone screen.
- Boxing news and videos
- Pulls news from all over the web
- No duplicated content
- Push notifications
- Free with in-app purchase to remove ads
JudgecardX is a boxing scorecard app that you use to keep track of your scorecards. You can also see average results from all over the world. All scorecards are stored in the cloud so if you change your iPhone (as we all do, semi-regularly), you won't lose your scores. You can view average results in real time from everyone else's scorecards, and you can see what percentage of people scored each round for each fighter. You can request a community scorecard for everyone to score, or make your own private scorecard if you can't find a match you want to score. You will score classic 15-round fights, and when you're done, save to your photos or share to Facebook or Twitter.
- Boxing scorecard app to keep track of your scorecards
- All stored in the cloud
- View average results in real time from other users
- Free boxing scorecard app for iPhone
This is the Home of Live Combat Sports! Stream the hottest MMA, Boxing and Pro Wrestling events - free and pay-per-view only on the FITE app. FITE is the #1 choice for global combat sports. Watch FITE wherever you have a mobile, Wi-Fi or IP connection. Enjoy original content from Ring of Honor, Impact Wrestling, AEW* and Top Rank Boxing* promotions on FITE with an iTunes subscription. With this app you will get:
- 1,000+ live events per year;
- 10,000+ hours of on-demand programming;
- free programming added every week;
- free combat news feed with trending news.
- PPV Events have a DVR, Live chat, Voting, and REPLAYS! Many also have exclusive FITE in Focus shows, Prelims, Weigh-ins & alternate languages