If you or a loved one is into athletics, then below are the apps for you!
The best athletics apps for iPhone
27 May 2021, by  Cherry Mae Torrevillas
My Jump 2, a good iPhone app for athletics gives you advanced information of your jumps using the camera on your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad. Just record a jump, select accurately its take off and landing and lets My Jump do its magic. My Jump 2 calculates the height, flight time, velocity, force and power of your vertical jumps. Also, it gives you the contact time, vertical stiffness and reactive strength index (RSI) of your Drop Jumps. It also allows you to calculate your Force-Velocity profile using Samozino's method.
- Accurate measurement of your vertical jumps
- Calculate the force-velocity profile
- Record stunnig slowmo videos up to 240fps or import as much as you like from your camera roll
- Different jump types: countermovement jump (CMJ), squat jump (SJ), drop jump (DJ), CMJ free arms, horizontal jumps and repeated jump test!
- Allows you to create as many users as you want. Monitor all your team on your iDevice!
Dash, a good athletics app for iPhone is an automatic starter's gun for track and field athletes, created by ex-international class sprinters. The Dash SP athletics app features both manual and automatic mode, coaches and athletes alike can use this fun, stylish training tool to simulate a track umpire's start commands, starter's pistol, false starts and reaction time.
- Solar UV Scanner and Sun Finder - for cloudy weather
- Session Timer and Calculator
- Vitamin D Supplements Calculator and Vitamin D Supplements reminders
- Daily goals and reminders; progress stats and achievements
- Necklace integration
New to pole vaulting? The High Vault Edge Club presents the top athletics app for iPhone, the app to get you started with helpful tips and suggested exercises. In the Pole Vault app for iPhone, current vaulters can use the pole progression chart to keep track of their current pole and receive suggestions for their next pole. The app functionalities:
- Pole Vault progress
With this app for athletes and athletics fans you can follow and participate in track & field events around the world! Roster brings you track & field competitions - see start lists, get live commentary and results, learn about your favorite athletes, and watch videos. The app runs on the Roster Athletics Platform, which enables meet organizers in the sports world - from schools to global championships - to create and manage competitions more efficiently with a world-class digital experience.
- Live coverage directly from the stadium
- Detailed timetables and full results
- Full results from each track and field event
- Feed updates with text, pictures and videos
Amplify your active lifestyle with Blast Athletic Performance. Fire-up the Blast app’s BlastCam to record video of the action and the patented Smart Video Capture ™ technology will dynamically identify high-energy events to create Blast highlights, overlaid with your athletic performance metrics (acceleration, vertical height, rotation, and hang-time). With this athletics app you can easily share your video and metric highlights to social media with one touch.
- Capture and analyze your performance
- Share your videos and metrics with coaches, parents or social media
- Gain the insights you need to improve your performance
The Olympics app is intended for those who are interested in all information on the Olympic Games held in the past and also current news related to this major world sport event. You will find everything about Olympic sports, athletes and their records.
- Get first-hand information from the Olympic Committee
- View historical results from the past
- Watch highlights on the Olympic Channel
- Stay up to date with the latest Olympic News and Photos
It’s a must-download for every aspiring college athlete ever!
- Interactive scoring tables
- Automatic calculation for every event
- Saves results
- Email reports through the app
- Custom analytics