You’re into sports, whether performed by yourself or as a spectator. You have an entire folder (or two) on your iPad dedicated to physical health. The apps take advantage of all the data available and are focused on everything from your abdominals to your diet. If you want to become or remain as physically fit as possible, check out our lists of the best athletic apps for iPad.
The best athletics apps for iPad
3 May 2020, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Roster brings you track & field competitions - see start lists, get live commentary and results, learn about your favorite athletes, and watch videos. The app runs on the Roster Athletics Platform, which enables meet organizers in the sports world - from schools to global championships - to create and manage competitions more efficiently with a world-class digital experience. Follow and participate in track & field events around the world!
- Live coverage directly from the stadium
- Detailed timetable and actual results
- Feed updates with text, pictures and videos
- Full results from each track and field event
Blast Athletic Performance is an app you can use to capture, analyze, and improve how you perform. Capture and replay performance metrics synced with video highlights you can clip and curate. Track your metrics, compare actions, and do better next time. Improve your performance when you share your videos and information with coaches, social media, and friends. Just pair your iPad with the Blast Precision Motion Sensor, which attaches to your waistband. The device uses Bluetooth to connect to your iPad. The sensor knows who you move and captures your metrics in real time. If your device is out of range, the sensor will store the metrics and download as soon as you reconnect.
- Capture your athletic performance metrics
- Share your video and metric highlights to social media
- Pairs your iPad to your Blast Precision Motion Sensor
- Captures important 3D action metrics in real-time
- Free athletic app for iPad
SprintTimer is a sports timer and photo finish app that uses the same techniques as the timing equipment used at the Olympics. Just start the timer and point the camera on the iPad towards the finish line. It will create an image where you can scroll to get the time for each competitor with an accuracy to 0.01 second. It has a motion-activated Video Finish for longer races and you can control the app wirelessly from another device using Start Sender. The app is used by teachers, athletes, and coaches for both practice and competition in sports like speed skating, track & field, cycling, kayaking, and horse racing, among others.
- One person can time all participants
- Makes it easier to determine the order
- Can operate hands-free
- Image and results can be shared
- Start remotely
The Olympics app is the official app for the Olympic Games. It has all of the Olympic records, gold medals, and magical events recorded, as well as tons of information about Sochi 2014, Rio 2016 and more. You can re-live top moments from London 2012, Beijing 2008, and Vancouver 2010, plus more. Find results and records for all athletes, Games, and sport. See the best videos and photos from throughout recorded Olympic history. Search for medalists by country, athlete, and Games, and keep track of your favorite sports and athletes.
- Official app of the Olympic Games
- Information on Rio 2016
- Re-live top moments from past Games
- See records for all Games, athletes, and sports
- Keep track of your favorite Olympic sport
Parkour Plyo focuses on the fitness side of Parkour training so that you can execute advanced moves. Parkour demands that you be flexible, strong, athletic, and limber. You have to be able to jump high and have a strong body overall. The app combines flexibility and balance, reaction and agility, plyometrics, core and ab strength, and upper and lower body strength training to help you become better at Parkour. You get instructional coaching using video and voiceover, tips, an overview of the workout, the ability to track exercises and workouts completed, and warm-ups and cool-downs.
- Become a member of Fit Social
- Improve flexibility, agility, and strength
- Beginner to advanced workouts
- See fitness, sports, and recreational events in your city
- Free with in-app purchase