If you're like most people, you probably go out once in a while (or a lot). It's nice to not have to cook all the time, but how do you know where to go for a nice sit-down dinner or where the best takeout restaurants are? If you're tired of going to the same old place, have a look at our list of the best restaurant apps for the iPhone.
The best iPhone apps for finding restaurants-2021
14 Jul 2021, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
In los Angeles & Orange County, with this food finders app, in as little as 30 minutes of your time, you can rescue perfectly good food from going to waste and deliver it to nonprofits who serve those who are food insecure. The iPhone app for finding restaurants provides you with information about the work you do for a non-profit organization. And since you come directly to the food distribution organization, you see the impact you have made on hunger.
- Get alerts when rescues become available
- Rescue every day, every week or just give it a try
- Get information on where to pick up the food and where to drop it of
- You are guided every step of the way
- Take a selfie with your rescue and share on social media to spread the word about Food Runners and inspire your friends to be food rescue heroes!
Finding food is easy with this restaurant finding app! The Dining Decider app simplifies finding great eateries so you can spend more time dining and less time deciding. Deciding where to eat can be stressful. With so many places to choose from, it can be overwhelming to scroll through hundreds of options. With a simple swipe Dining Decider cuts through all the information and provides you a great restaurant recommendation instantly!
- Swipe up to see new dining options
- Swipe down to see filter options
- Simple display removes the clutter and shows only one dining option at a time
- Map gives quick view of destination relative to your location
FoodFinder, a restaurant finding app helps food insecure kids & families find their closest free food. Who it helps: FoodFinder helps food insecure kids and adult first responders, like teachers and counselors, find their closest free food resources quickly, privately and effectively. This restaurant picker app automatically identifies all free food resources near any location in the US on a map, and ‘pins’ appear to identify the nearest free food sites.
- Open the app and your location is automatically displayed on a map.
- Tap a nearby pin to see the name of that resource
- Tap the name to see all the details and information for that free food resource.
- Tap the address to automatically open google maps and get directions
- See languages spoken, services offered, website, and other available information about the resource
Your Restaurant Decider. Currently covering: New York, London, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, Boston, Philadelphia, Seattle, Washington DC, Atlanta, Austin, Denver, Paris, Mexico City, Melbourne, Rome, and Tokyo, with more on the way.
Find a restaurant that’s “Perfect For” every situation. Search our vast database of carefully curated reviews & guides, via map or list view, in more than 32 cities.
- Find the very best restaurants in your area!
- NEARBY: Find nearby restaurants around your current location, while also moving the map to see restaurants anywhere and everywhere.
- SEARCH: Browse and combine from four different search categories to find the restaurant that best suits your needs.
- SAVE: Keep track of your favorite new restaurants and the ones that you have been meaning to try
How many times have you found yourself in need of finding the closest Gas Station? AroundMe quickly identifies your position and allows you to choose the nearest Bank, Bar, Gas Station, Hospital, Hotel, Movie Theatre, Restaurant, Supermarket, Theatre and Taxi. For every listing you can choose to see its location on a Map. AroundMe app review
- The Nearby listing allows you to find information using Wikipedia about what is around you.
- AroundMe allows you to quickly find out information about your surroundings.
- Fast, easy and accurate. AroundMe is your ideal day to day companion.
- When AroundMe Weather push feature is active the app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease device battery life..
Foursquare is a city guide that tells you the best places to eat, shop, visit, drink, and more, anywhere in the world. You'll have access to more than 60 million short reviews from people who have been to those locations, so if you're traveling or looking for a new restaurant to try out, check out this app. Tell the app your favorite things and it will adjust to your preferences. Search for the best restaurants and then look at the reviews to get suggestions on what to eat, and save the places you like. If you want fried chicken, tell the app. If you want a place that serves dark beer, tell the app. If you want a romantic setting, let Foursquare know. Every search has the ability to be tailored to your tastes so you shouldn't be disappointed. Foursquare app review
- Find the best places to eat, shop, visit, and drink
- More than 60 million short reviews
- Searches according to your preferences
- Get suggestions on dishes
- Free app for finding restaurants
Food Finder for Apple Watch is an app specifically designed for you to use with your Apple Watch to find a restaurant near you using voice commands. You can get walking or driving directions to the location, and the app offers car Bluetooth support. The app offers information on ratings, distance from you, and whether the place is open or closed. There's no registration or sign-up, no log-in, and no forms to fill out. You don't have to use an Apple Watch with the app, either: it also works on your iPhone. Call to see food availability and timing.
- Find closest food and gas stations
- Designed to use with Apple Watch
- Voice commands
- Walking or driving directions
- Free app for finding restaurants
Veg Restaurant Guide for Vegetarian & Vegan Food by HappyCow is the app you need if you're vegetarian or vegan. It will help you find a local restaurant or cafe anywhere you are in the world. Search for reviews about a vegan or vegetarian health food store or restaurant, or leave a review. You can search by location and whether it's vegan or vegetarian. Browse listings to find a popular restaurant or cafe, view an interactive map, and get directions. You can upload photos of your food, submit advice for fellow users, and store your faves for future use. Veg Travel Guide for Vegan & Vegetarians by HappyCow app review
- Get phone numbers, website info, reviews, and directions
- See an interactive map
- Filter by vegetarian or vegan menus
- Submit your own reviews
- Find a vegan or vegetarian restaurant or health food store anywhere in the world
Find Me Gluten Free will help you find restaurants that serve gluten-free meals. You can look at local business ratings and reviews, get directions, and call them to ask about menu options. You can look at menus and allergen lists from chain restaurants and fast food restaurants so you will know what's safe to eat, and you can also find gluten-free pizzerias, bakeries, health food stores, local businesses, and more. Currently, the app shows you options that are closest to your current location so if you want to look up your options for later in a different area of town, this isn't the app you want. Find Me Gluten Free app review
- Find restaurants near you that serve gluten-free meals
- Look at business ratings and reviews
- Get directions and look at menu options
- See allergen lists
- Free iPhone app for finding restaurants