A good golf app, like a great caddie or a good set of clubs, is an added weapon in your arsenal. No matter if you need club fitting tips, rules clarification, swing tips, or a place to find amazing courses all over the world, there’s an app for that. Not all are equal, though, so we’ve put together a list of the 10 best iPhone apps for golf. Check them out.
The best iPhone apps for golf-2021
25 Mar 2021, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
The GolfLogix, a golf practice app for iPhone was designed and built by golfers for golfers and is so easy, fast and fun to use that it seamlessly blends with your traditional golfing routines. Install the GolfLogix app for iPhone to try all of these innovative features on your next two rounds for FREE. After the free trial, GolfLogix Plus Membership with advanced GPS features, Approach View, and Putt Line can be purchased for $9.99/month, $49.99/1 year or 2-day passes for $2.99 each.
- All the features keep you in compliance with the latest rules of golf
- 3D fairway maps, precise GPS distances to all hazards/layups/greens
- See how your putts will break with our new detailed green maps
Auto track shots + GPS distance using Apple Watch with built-in swing & putt analysis. Turn your Apple Watch into a Garmin golf watch, except this has more features. Free on iPhone, with lots of features like 3D map and hole flyover. Why pay for other golf GPS apps? Our mind-blowing technology has been featured on the Google I/O, Golf News, Mashable, IGN, and more…
- Stand-alone on Apple Watch. No phone needed on course. It is the only stand alone golf GPS app today.
- TrackMyGolf uses the Apple Watch to automatically detect your swing.
- Know exactly how far you are from the hole with measured distance to holes and hazards, for 35,000+ golf courses around the world.
- No need for Internet connection. Once a golf course is loaded, it is automatically cached
TheGrint is a powerful golf app that’s loaded with features. First, users will get a legit handicap and access to GPS for over 37,000 golf courses across the world. Then, you can keep live scoring of golf fames, pro performance stats, points calculation and various games, organize your tee time with others, book tee times at over 6,000 courses, and enjoy world class customer support if an issue arises within the app. Most of these features come in the free version. However, you must purchase an annual subscription to access all of the features. TheGrint | Golf Handicap Tracker app review
- A powerful golf app with lots of cool features
- GPS for over 37,000 courses, Keep scores and stats
- Coordinate tee time with others, Book tee times at 6,000 courses
- World class customer support
- In-app purchase for Pro Membership
The Rules of Golf from the United States Golf Association is the official app for the Rules of Golf. You get the edition that was effective Jan 1, 2016, and with an in-app purchase, the 2016-2017 version of the “Decisions on The Rules of Golf.” If you’re looking for quick and easy access to the official Rules and Decision that allows golfers to play by the rules and resolve disputes quickly and without argument, this is what you need. The Rules of Golf app review
- Simple, intuitive, fast navigation
- The only Rules app approved by the USGA
- Convenient phrase and word search functionality
- Every Decision, Definition, and Rule
- Free with in-app purchase
Zeppo Golf Swing Analyzer will help you improve your game. The base app offers a smart coach training system, the pro swing library, video swing capture, and Zepp feed. When you want to tweak your game, add the Zepp sensor, which is a device that you attach to your golf glove and pair with the app to help you improve your swing. Once you get the sensor, you get 3D swing analysis, instant swing evaluations, and personalized smart coach training plans that are based on your swing data. You’ll be able to track your progress over time, compare your swing data to that of the pros, and if you’re a coach, manage all your players.
- Base app that works without the sensor
- Pair the app with the Zepp sensor and improve your swing
- Video swing capture
- Pro swing library
- Free iPhone app for golf
Golf GPS Caddie is a free rangefinder, scorecard, statistics, and bets app to help you improve your game. It supports both Apple Maps and Google Maps apps, so you get the best of both worlds. This is a battery-efficient, fast, intuitive app that works like it’s supposed to so you can just concentrate on your game. Features include Apple Watch support, full GPS rangefinder, advanced score entry, and fully customizable golf course info include tee and hole info and GPS data. You get support for four side games, you can check GPS on your home screen without unlocking your phone, and the scorecard has colors and shapes to help you distinguish par, birdie, bogey, and double bogey. Free Golf GPS & Scorecard app review
- Nine charts to help you track your putt, score, fairway hit, and GIR
- Thousands of courses available for download
- Manually create your own course
- Advanced score entry
- Free with in-app purchase
Swing by Swing is a golf GPS rangefinder and scorecard app that offers reliable, accurate, battery-efficient features. All you need is a SwingBySwing.com account and then you will have access to all of the features. You can use the app’s advanced stat tracking and sophisticated graphs to help you take strokes off your game, integrate with your smart watch (many models supported), and a free GPS rangefinder with the distance to the center of green and every obstacle on the course. If you go on the website you can see photos you took, review your scores, and review your rounds in detail.
- Constant improvement
- Works on over 33,000 courses around the world
- Subscription to daily golf entertainment e-newsletter
- Free with in-app purchases
Golf Handicap Tracker & Calculator is a simple, intuitive golf app for your iPhone that will help you find out your handicap. Features include the ability to calculate your handicap based on Canada, U.S., and Australia rules; backup and restore function; the ability to manually input course rating and slope; and support for 9-hole scores combination. You get thousands of courses with rating/slope that you can download, you can calculate your Equitable Stroke Control and course handicap, and the app keeps all your handicaps over time. If you like, you can print and share your handicap card and follow your friends’ scores and handicaps.
- Easy to use
- Intuitive interface
- Find out your handicap based on Canada, U.S., and Australia rules
- Backup and restore to and from the server
- Free with in-app purchase
Everyday Golf Coach is a coaching app that outlines the key fundamental techniques you need to build a solid game of golf. The app was produced by Dr. Noel Rousseau, a leading PGA professional and expert on how humans learn complex movements. All of the 38 coaching videos in the app give you the information needed to maximize your potential. You will be able to video your own swing and compare it to the training videos. The overlay drawing tools and variable-speed playback allows you to analyze your own swing. Once you download the app, all of the videos are available to you offline.
- 38 training videos
- Compare and analyze your swing
- Improve your game
- All videos available offline
- One-time purchase
Mobitee is a golf GPS rangefinder, scorecard, distance calculator, golf distance calculator, and golf handicap calculator, and virtual coach all in one. This one is packed with features like a satellite and aerial view of each hole, unlimited access to over 35,000 courses all over the world, shot tracking, leaderboard, virtual coach, and flyover videos of each course. You can get an interactive scorecard for up to four players, see a full range of statistics, and more. You can share scorecards via email or Facebook, too. Mobitee Golf GPS Rangefinder Scorecard Flyover App Review
- Flyover videos of each golf course
- Shot tracking
- Team and one-man game type
- Access to more than 35,000 courses all over the world