You might have a question about AWS lambda vs Azure functions? Do you know what serverless computing system is? If no, we can help you. AWS Lambda and Azure Functions are two highly demanded serverless computing systems. With these systems, you don’t have to worry about the number of servers. You can easily install codes irrespective of the servers. You can also use a wide range of tools while developing. Many people get confused while choosing a serverless computing system. So to help you, we are going to compare the two systems.
It is the first serverless computing system. Amazon develops it. We are going to focus on some key features of Lambda.
- Custom back-end services: You can easily develop back-end services with AWS. After that, you can customize it accordingly using built-in editors.
- Pay as per usage: The best thing about AWS is that, you don’t have to pay for the entire service. You have to pay only for the services you used. With their “Compute Savings Plan” you can save up to 17%.
- Automated Administration & Scaling: You don’t have to handle anything manually. AWS provides automated administration and scaling.
Pros and Cons:
- Pros: Strong apps: When you mix Lambda and AWS, you can build robust apps.
- Operational Management: You can operate AWS management easily. It is easy to use.
- Scaling ability: You can easily scale your app using automated technology.
- No control: You won’t have any control of the environment while using AWS Lambda.
- Security issues: As it is new, there can be issues like hacking.
- Limitations: You can face several limitations. Documentation is absent. It may lead to failure.
- Netflix: It uses AWS Lambda. If you are a Netflix user, you might know how quick and easy to use it is. It can handle a huge customer base without any glitch.
Microsoft develops Azure functions. Here are some key features.
- Continuous Deployment: If you are looking for continuous deployment of codes, it is much better than other serverless computing systems.
Pros and Cons:
- Great experience: You will have a good experience while working with Azure. There are many languages to choose from.
- Debugging support: It helps you find bugs and debug them in the early development phase.
- Instant deployment: You can enjoy more alternatives while deploying. You can link to GitHub and DropBox, etc.
- More tooltips: In order to understand simple things, more tooltips are required in settings.
- Technical support: You will need good technical support while using Azure. As it is new, there may be technical problems.
- Open-source features: You can enjoy open-source with Azure. But there are no tools to support it.
- FUJIFILM: It is based on Azure. It can easily handle a huge volume of content.
By comparing both the systems, you can easily choose the one that fits your requirements. Both the system have excellent features and advantages. Make sure you compare other factors like price and speed before you choose a solution.