A few years back, using software to monitor someone’s activities was straightforward. You only needed a spyware app and access to the target device.
But in 2020, Android and iOS have greatly evolved. And that means there are a few hoops to jump before using spyware apps on either OS.
On Android, the process for installing free spy apps usually goes like this:
- Choosing a spy app of choice
- Preparing the device for installation
- Installing the app
However, while all that sounds straightforward, there are a few extra things to consider in each step.
Choose a Spy App and Purchase a Subscription Plan
This first step is what you need to pay close attention to if you intend to get good results. And for us, Cocospy was the spy app of choice mainly because of the wide array of features it offered.
To get started on picking a subscription plan, these are the steps to follow:
- Step 1: Visit Cocospy’s website and sign up for a free account.
- Step 2: Once logged in, navigate to Pricing from the navigation menu at the top.
- Step 3: Ensure the “Android” tab is selected then pick a subscription plan and license duration of choice.
- Step 4: Click on the “Buy Now” button and follow the prompt to proceed to make a payment for the subscription plan.
The next thing to do is to get hold of the device so that you can install your free spy app of choice. But before you can install the Android spyware, you’ll need to disable Google Play Protect.
This is how to go about it:
- Step 1: On the target device, navigate to Settings > Google > Security > Google Play Protect.
- Step 2: At the top right corner of the screen, click on the gear icon to access the settings
- Step 3: Turn off Scan apps with Play Protect” and “Improve harmful app detection”
You can now proceed to install the app. But remember to enable the “Allow from this source” option as it grants the app all necessary permissions.
How to Use Spyware Apps on iPhone
Things work a little differently on iOS. But it’s nothing you can’t handle if you know your way around the iPhone.
Enable Installing Apps from Unknown Sources
This practice is also called sideloading apps. However, pulling it off requires that your iPhone be jailbroken.
And that’s something most people frown on because of Apple’s aggressive efforts to put an end to jailbreaking.
Find Out Your Target’s iCloud Credentials
Instead of jailbreaking, iPhone spy apps require you to use the device’s iCloud credentials.
These are the same credentials you’ll be using to grant the spy app access to the iPhone you’re monitoring.
Now all that remains is getting a good app that can help you spy on another phone. If you wanted to use mSpy, for instance, you’d have to:
- Create a free account on mSpy’s website.
- Choose the subscription package of choice from within the dashboard.
- Proceed to setting up the spyware app on the target device using its iCloud credentials.
Spyware apps are easy to use on both Android and iOS. But even so, each OS has its own unique installation method. And this may dictate some of the app’s features you can use.