In the past couple of decades, the gambling industry has evolved from land-based casinos to virtual casinos that you can easily access directly from your smartphone, whether you have an Android or iOS device. The new technological era allows casino operators to simulate a real casino experience in a virtual environment and add special features that weren’t possible in a real gambling establishment.
Whether you are a complete beginner that wants to hone your casino skills or an experienced player that needs to exercise your card counting strategy, there are thousands of gambling apps that you can download directly from the app store and start having fun right away!
In this article, we will cover three types of smartphone gambling apps:
- Real money casinos;
- Social casino apps;
- Gambling tools and software.
We know that many of you might be wondering if playing on these apps is safe. Well, we know that in the past, hackers and scammers were luring uninformed players to join platforms that were using pirated software.
Before we begin, we want to reassure you that things have changed in the last few years. Both the App Store and Google Play Store have a strict uploading policy, meaning that developers need to prove that there are no exploits used in their app.
If we’re talking about real money casinos, then the story is completely different. The law requires them to follow the requirements of the Gambling Commission that regulates them. This way, you are guaranteed that your data is stored in a secure environment so you can enjoy your favorite games without worrying about their fairness.
Without further ado, here is the ultimate list of casino apps that you should download in 2021:
Real money casino apps
One of the main issues with online casinos used to be their availability. Before the smartphone era, players could only gamble on the desktop version of the casino. Times have changed, and operators started acknowledging the power of mobile phones, which allows customers to play their favorite casino games on the go without having to carry a laptop with them.
Nowadays, all reputable casino operators have developed a mobile version of their platform that you can download and install on your smartphone device with ease. But there’s a catch!
Since optimizing for mobile has become a trend in the gambling sector, it has become increasingly challenging to keep up with all the new casino apps that are released. Luckily, the Internet is the perfect place for seeking information.
Before you start your real money journey, we suggest consulting a specialized directory of New Zealand gambling apps. On this platform, you will find in-depth reviews of the most popular real money casino apps, as well as a complete user experience guide that will help you navigate with ease.
After analyzing the mobile casino app market, we’ve identified three real money apps that stand out from the crowd:
- LeoVegas – this award-winning gambling operator offers players the possibility to access their platform from both Android and iOS directly from the App Store and Play Store, Their app has mostly positive reviews. Still,some users claim to have had connectivity issues. The user interface is intuitive, and you can start spinning the reels quickly, as long as you respect their terms and conditions.
- PlayOjo– As one of the leading New Zealand gaming platforms, PlayOjo has released a fully-optimized mobile version available on both operating systems. The app users claim that it works smoothly and you rarely see someone complain about its efficiency in the reviews. During our test, we had encountered no technical issues, and all the casino games were running smoothly, and their aspect ratio was ideal for smartphone screens.
- 888casino– the global gambling giant was one of the first operators to have introduced a functional mobile casino app. The 888Casino mobile version is available on both the App Store and the Play Store, and it has over 6,400 reviews, most of them being positive. From our experience, the app works smoothly and you can easily access their extensive game library, similarly to the desktop version.
Social casino games
For those that are looking for a free casino game, we recommend social casinos. There are thousands of demo gambling apps that allow you to play slots or table games without a deposit. However, these apps are the simulation of a real online casino experience, meaning that you won’t be able to cash out your winnings.
Based on our experience, these are thefive best social casino apps available on mobile:
- World Series of Poker – If you’re a poker fan, this app needs no introduction. The official WSOP mobile app is a high accuracy simulation of the real competition. You can win championship Rings, participate in different events and win virtual coins to stay on top of the ladder. Not only will this app help you improve your poker skills, but it will also bring you insight into the WSOP competition format, which can help you in the long run.
- Cash Tornado Slots – Rated as one of the best social casino slots apps on mobile, Cash Tornado Slots is an excellent choice for reel spinning lovers. It has hundreds of titles you can choose from, and their daily bonuses are more than enough to keep the action going. This app's main downside is that all the titles used are fictive, meaning that you won’t find them in a real money online casino.
- Slotomania Free – Slotomania is the third top-grossing casino app in New Zealand, and for a good reason. It offers players the ultimate social casino experience, which is hardly distinguishable from the real deal. Their visual effects and audio mix perfectly, creating an immersive gameplay environment.
- Pokerstars Lite – The lite version of the Pokerstars app allows players to test the platform without having to deposit any money. However, based on our experience, only the poker and blackjack rooms will work smoothly on the demo version. This app is ideal for poker fans that want to train in a legit online gambling environment since the real money app is identical to this one.
- Pharaoh’s Way Slots – This is one of our favorite titles on the list. Ancient Egypt is a common theme in casinos, and Pharaoh’s Way went to the next level with their level design. You progressively unlock betting limits and new slots with advanced features that improve your odds.
Specialized gambling tools
Most of the gambling apps mentioned in our article so far are actual casino platforms that allow you to play the games and learn from your experience. However, after reading some specialty blogs, we discovered that professional gamblers use advanced gambling software to improve their odds and calculate their equity.
Here are three must-have gambling tools that everyone should use:
- Poker equity calculator Hold’em Lab – Any reputable poker player knows that long-term poker success comes from collecting relevant data. Hold’Em lab allows you to easily configure your ranges, filter them using the flop structure analyzer and check the call equity and opponent fold equity;
- Blackjack Joe: Strategy and Card Counting trainer – This app is based on statistical models, and it allows you to create simple blackjack strategies using algorithms that will tell you the step by step process of how to win a game and avoid certain situations. At the same time, you will be practicing your card counting skills, and from time to time, the app will ask you to identify the “Running Count” or “True Count.”
- Easy Bankroll – This simple app is ideal for developing healthy spending habits. Easy bankroll allows you to track your winnings and losses and analyze which games pay out more frequently than others. On top of that, you can get a custom notification which reminds you how much you’ve spent or send you detailed information regarding your playing tendencies.
The bottom line
The gambling mobile app market is continuously expanding, and new opportunities are being released every year. While the abundance of available casino apps is good for business, players might get confused and find it challenging to choose the best one.
Our suggestion is to reflect on which type of app you need. To do that, try answering these questions: Do you want to be able to deposit and withdraw or winnings, or you just want to play for fun? Is there a particular gambling skill that you want to improve, or what exactly are you trying to achieve?
Once you have the answers, you can come back to this article and choose the ideal app that suits your needs and improve your overall experience with the casino. Good luck, and remember to gamble responsibly!