Online video streaming is all fun since the introduction of the Firestick device in the tech market. Homeowners can enjoy popular entertainment services such as Netflix, BBC, Hotstar, Hulu, and more. However, it’s all fun and games until the premium request for a subscription amount. The Firestick provides the majority of channels in the paid version. Meaning you need to dig deeper in your pocket to enjoy video streaming. This calls for jailbreaking process and installation of third-party apps. To have free video streaming content on the Firestick.
Kodi is among the best open-source software apps, which will provide free multimedia online content. The app will help you watch different channels with price tags and geo-restrictions for free. Kodi unlocks the universe of best contents from various locations in the world. You can stream live sports, movies, TV shows, and more. Here learn how to install Kodi on Firestick. The process requires a few steps and guidance, and you can enjoy streaming at the comfort of your home.
However, to have Kodi on Firestick requires extra protection. Kodi is a legal streaming app that requires more software to deliver the best. These additional apps are referred to as addons. Some of the addons tamper with copyright policies. While others come with malware, thus exposing your details to hackers. Once you install Kodi addons, the ISP and authority can access every detail. You could get a DMCA notice or experience throttling and other legal measures. Use good VPN services to protect your data and enjoy streaming without any issues.
What is Firestick?
Firestick is small size device (USB-like) which are designed for streaming online content. The devices use the HDMI portal on the cable TV turning it into smart digital TV. Users can access different apps such as Hulu, Netflix, CBs, BBC player, CCN, and more. The channels have various premium channels which you can watch. To get free services, users need to implement different software apps such as Kodi to access free streaming content from anywhere in the world.
How to install Kodi on Firestick
Once you purchase the Firestick device, you need to set it up. After the setup process, you can prepare for Kodi installation. You need to enable the ADB debugging, turn on apps at the unknown resources section and turn off the device usage data. The last part is to turn off collect app usage data.
- Go to the setting section of your Firestick. Select the option “my Fire TV/device”>developer options.
- Next, you are required to “enable ADB debugging” (optional) and turn on the “apps from unknown sources.”
- Again go to setting and click on “preferences>privacy settings.” Proceed and turn off the device usage data and collect app usage data.
- The Firestick is set and ready for the Kodi installation process.
- Nest user needs to get the downloader app. type “downloader”on the search tab and select the first option on the screen.
- For Firestick without the downloader app. Click the downloader icon on the page to start the download process.
- Press the “open” button to launch the downloader.
- The system will send a warning pop up to select the tab "allow."
- Next, select "okay" on the quick start guide.
- The section indicated as "enter URL" of the website you wish to load or the file you want to load. Click the select button on your remote to get the keyboard on your screen. Enter the URL https:// and click the Go button.
- The system will start the download process.
- After the download is complete, select the tab "install."
- The page will show a confirmation message after Kodi is installed.
- Now click the option “open” to start the Kodi app. you can select “done” if you want to use it later.
- The Kodi icon won’t appear on the home page. The user needs to go to settings> applications>manage installed apps>Kodi and launch.
- The app is also accessible by pressing the Home key button from 5 seconds/long press. Next, click the tab "apps" on the screen to land on the Kodi app.
Installing Kodi 18 on Firestick
- After completing the first installation steps (above).
- The Kodi web page will show, scroll down and select the option “older releases” click on the word” here” to proceed.
- On the file name click “Android”>”arm”>Kodi 8.0 Leia_beta5-armabi-va.apk
- Next, the file will start downloading, select install on the window pop up.
- Now click the "open" button.
- The installation process is now successful.
Installation of Kodi 1 Krypton on Firestick
- Once you complete the first installation steps above, the Kodi website page will appear on your screen.
- Click on the option "Android icon."
- The page will show the download options for Kodi based on the version of Firestick you have.
- Select between ARM 32-bit and ARM 64 bit.
- The app will start downloading after the downloading process.
- Click the install button to complete the process.
Once the installation process it’s easy to use Kodi on your Firestick. Kodi gives the user a wide range of free content from movies, TV shows, sport, and more. However, it would be best to learn that whatever you stream is visible to the government and ISP. You can cover your tracks using a good and approved VPN. This will mask your activities. It will stop government surveillance and ISP throttling. You can access information even from restricted geo-locations.