The best stargazing apps for iPhone
The Star Walk™ HD app is no longer in iTunes but you can find an alternative astronomy app on our iPhone list. You can also find all the best iPhone apps on our applists. We have also reviewed these stargazing apps or check out our iPhone app reviews:-
Startracker, Starlight, Cosmic Zoom, Cosmic watch, Mars atlas, Astonomy pictures, Astronomy magazine
Star Walk™ HD - 5 Stars Astronomy Guide is an app for the iPad which will teach you all that you need to know about the objects you see in the night sky.
To use this app, you need an iPad with a camera and $2.99 to spend in the App Store. Head over to the Education section of the store and download this 86. 5 MB app.
This app was awarded the Apple Design Award in 2010. Let's take a look at its features.
Learn About Over 200,000 Celestial Objects
Star Walk™ HD - 5 Stars Astronomy Guide will bring you information on over 200,000 celestial objects at your fingertips. All you need to do is fire up the app, whether you're out camping or looking out your window, and point it at any point of interest that you want to learn about.
The app will present you with all the information on the object when you use the (i) icon.
There is a slider on the right-hand side of the screen which you can use to travel through time, allowing you to see what the night sky looked like , or will look like, several days, weeks, or even years in the past or future.
The best iPhone apps for Astronomy
Functions & Features
If you are an astronomer with a telescope, you can use the TelRad feature of this app to locate objects and view them in all their glory through your instrument. Professors and other educators can use this app as an amazing educational tool. You can even project it onto a bigger screen without compromising quality.
Other features include a calendar which will let you know about any significant astronomical events that you should look out for. The Picture of the Day function is also a great feature, which will show you real photos of our amazing universe.
Best iphone and ipad apps
Pros & Cons
- Winner of Apple Design Award in 2010
- Your personal guide to the objects you can see in the night sky
- More than 200,000 celestial objects with information on stars and constellations
- Simply open up the app and point it to the night sky
- Night mode is easy on the eyes when you are checking out the night sky
- Access information by using the (i) icon
- Use the Time Machine scale on the right side to see the night sky several years in the past or future
- Comes with a calendar of events that are about to occur such as meteor showers
- Find objects through your telescope using the TelRad feature
- Project to a bigger screen without compromising quality
- Picture of the Day
- There is nothing negative to say about this app
Star Walk™ HD - 5 Stars Astronomy Guide is a beautiful app that leverages iOS functionality and brings a wonderful stargazing experience to amateur and professional astronomers alike. A must-have on your iPad if you are looking for such a utility.