Are you the type that just can’t get enough live sports action? Do you love any and all sports and wish you could be watching a game of one type or another at all times? If so, this list of apps has been created with you in mind as it will feed your passion for all things sports-related. These live sports apps will help you stay updated on the real-time scores, news, statistics, and more. You’ll be able to enjoy your favorite sports action no matter where you are.
The best iPhone apps for live sports
26 Mar 2017, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
It’s surprising that this app’s popularity isn’t through the roof. It could be the best app for watching sports live on your iDevice. There are over 50 sports stations from Europe and America including popular channels. The quality is high definition and it’s a brilliant way to watch your favorite games on the go. The app sends notifications for when new channels are added, important events and other meaningful alerts. The developers take your feedback seriously and are looking to make this app more user friendly and essential to the everyday sports fan.
- Over 50 sports stations to view
- Popular stations from Europe and America
- High Definition stations
- Stay informed on important events
- Receive notifications for when new channels are added
CBS Sports is a leader in sports news, media and other related content. With the CBS app, users can get live scores, push notifications, media content and much more. Perhaps, the best thing about this app is the ability to watch live sporting events like NCAA basketball, PGA tour, SEC football and more. Additionally, users can get Fantasy Sports content for several different sports. Customize your push notifications, personalize news content, access special coverage, live streaming radio programming and more. This app is a great option for those diehard sports enthusiasts.
- Watch live sporting events
- Get access to unique coverage
- Personalize push notifications and news content
- Get fantasy sports content
- Live scores, Watch highlights, Live streaming radio
Some might be wondering why a Sports Betting app is on this list. Well, the uniqueness of this app is all about providing users with the most up to date information for sporting events across the globe. In addition to getting the latest odds, users can stay informed on the latest scores with the app’s real time coverage and live scoring feature. This is great for those looking to place some bets during gaming action, half time or other related options. All the major sports are covered and users can get a sleek, professional experience by using this app. Join today and receive a 100% welcome bonus.
- The #1 mobile sportsbook
- 100% welcome bonus
- Real time coverage and live scores
- Up to date odds
- Covers all major sports
Grab FilmOn Free Live Television and take every game with you wherever you go. You will have instant access to over 200 live television shows right on your iPhone. Watch all your favorite teams from all over the world, and record for later playback. Is your game over? Stream movies and TV shows from USA, Germany, Asia, UK, and the Middle East. The app boasts over 200,000 on-demand videos and more than 1000 channels. Just check out the categories, and tap your area of interest. The app is totally free.
- Access 200 live television shows
- Record and playback
- On demand videos
- Movie streaming
- Free iPhone app for live sports
This is quite possibly the best TV listings app on the planet. Not only will you get full access to all types of TV shows, but you will also stay up to date on your favorite sporting events. The app provides a 7 day coverage for TV listings, so you can prepare for the upcoming week or ensure that you don’t miss a show. Make sure you enter your zip code to get the pertinent information for your area. Get information on various shows and games, create a personalized watch list, set reminders for your favorite shows, and customize the TV guide to your specifics.
- 7-day coverage for TV guide listings
- Localize the content to ensure proper channels
- Create a personalized watch list of your favorite shows
- Get reminders of shows you want to watch
- Discover more details about the shows
Livestream is one of the top apps to watch sports on iPhone. It offers users a feature-packed way to stream sports on iPhone, news, conferences, music, and other broadcasting events right on their mobile device. These events can take place anywhere in the world, opening the doors to a wide range of content. When something is about to air that you're interested in, you'll get notified. There's another side of this app too as you can be the one to broadcast events to friends and followers. It’s really cool and you can check out more details about why this is one of the best live streaming for iPhone apps in our app review. Livestream also features ways to interact with your viewers. During your broadcast you can make it look really creative and unique as there are four different video filters to make use of.
- Watch live broadcasts from around the world
- Film your own live broadcasts for others to watch
- Follow people and friends
- Get notified when a broadcast you’re interested in is about to take place
This is a one-stop shop for sports content. You don’t have to use multiple sources anymore. Just download this app and get all of the rants, bantering, blogs, news, scores, predictions and much more. It’s an essential app for die-hard sports fans. Join some prediction leagues and compete against others. Find the specific Fanzone that you want, and get customized content. Share your opinions with others, banter back and forth, enjoy the rants from others and view live scores. It’s a great way to vent about your game, monitor scores and never miss a news story.
- Share your rants with other users
- View customized blogs and news content
- See live scores for games across the globe
- Create or join prediction leagues
- Banter with other users
This app is an easy to use TV guide, perfect for those of you that don’t want complexity in your life. This sleek looking app will ensure you never miss a show or season again. You must log in via Facebook and then you will be able to sync your settings across multiple iDevices. If you hate reruns or accidentally watching episodes that you’ve seen before, this app has an episode tracking guide to help you out. Set notifications for your favorite shows or programs that you want to check out, get a show’s details, change channels on compatible TVs, offline content, search, filter for sports and view live content.
- TV guide that requires a Facebook account
- Search, flag and learn about favorite shows
- Download TV listings for offline viewing
- Watch live content or on demand
- Numerous search functions, colored categories, and user ratings
It doesn't matter what your sport of choice is, the 365Scores app has you covered. This app allows users to customize their very own sports channel that will provide them with the latest news, video highlights as quick as five minutes after it happens, scores, tweets, and standings. You won’t have to search around to find the information you’re interested in thanks to this app. The app also offers a live sport TV guide, so you can quickly see when that big game will take place. In total the app supports nine popular sports which are: baseball, hockey, basketball, soccer, football, tennis, rugby, handball, and volleyball.
- Get all the details on nine popular sports
- Use this app as your live TV guide when it comes to sports coverage
- View video highlights five minutes after it happens in the game
- View scores and standings
- Personalize the app to your desires
When it comes to sports content, ESPN is the global leader. In fact, they just transformed their app into a must have resource for sports coverage. You can view the older content here and see for yourself. ESPN has now made it easier than ever to view live sporting events from their stations. Additionally, you can customize the scores and news content to get only the teams you want. Or quickly peruse the latest events of each major league. ESPN typically breaks the news from around the world and now you can get that breaking news the second it hits the Internet or TV. You can also listen to podcasts or follow ESPN’s plethora of Social Media accounts. This is definitely one app every sports fan should have on their iPhone.
- Quick access to scores from all sports
- Customize your content to favorite teams and leagues
- Get the breaking and major news from all sports
- Watch live programming from ESPN channels
- Listen to podcasts and follow social media accounts
How do you stay up-to-date on all the latest sports news, standings, and scores? The Sports Feed app can act as an information source saving you time and hassle from having to seek out the information on your own. There are more than 200,000 fans that are addicted to this app thanks to its user-friendly features and wealth of information. The user interface has been set up to be streamlined so that users never have a hard time finding what they want. There is also a Today Widget that can be used with iOS 8. As for the scores, they are updated in real-time so you know you're getting the very latest information. Check out our review for more details.
- More than 200,000 fans use the app
- The user interface is simple and streamlined
- There is a Today Widget for those with iOS 8
- Scores are updated in real-time
Stream all your favorite video content to your mobile device with the Ustream app. This app makes it possible to upload videos, broadcast live videos, and watch live videos on your mobile device. Just as one would expect this one is versatile, user-friendly, and streamlined. When you're the one broadcasting the video you can also chat with your viewers for an interactive experience. You can also record videos in advance and then upload them when you want. Discover Ustream channels that you can follow and then receive notification for when they broadcast. The app is a social experience that is both fun and addictive.
- Broadcast live or pre-recorded videos
- Watch other broadcasts
- Follow users and get notification regarding their broadcast
- Chat with your audience while broadcasting
- The app is streamlined and fun to use
- You can manage all your favorite channels
Fancred is a relative newcomer to the sports life experience. However, they have made a huge splash and it’s quite possibly the most fun you will have when watching sports. The concept behind the app is to share your rants regarding sports. If you are pissed off that your team is losing, or blew the game, then stream your rant to others. There’s a rabid community that seem to feed of each and every rant. You can even become a cult icon among sports fans with your own weekly sports ranting stream. You also get a customized profile so that everyone knows who you are and who you root for. And, never miss a score for any game.
- A rabid community that loves sports
- Get instant updates on scores
- Stream your own rants whenever you want
- Your very own customized profile
- Watch your favorite rants from other users