Whether you are an amateur interior designer or a professional, you have a lot to celebrate. There’s now a ton of decorating and home improvement wisdom and tools you can access from the palm of your hand thanks to the increasing number of apps available. From virtual consultants to moodboards, paint to furniture, you’ll find inspiration, sources, and more. We’ve picked the 10 best iPhone apps for interior design, so have a look.
The best iPhone apps for interior design 2021
5 Jan 2021, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Ready to take on your next paint project? Start with the newly updated Color smart app - ColorSmart by BEHR® Mobile - a convenient, easy to use tool to help you find your perfect BEHR® color, discover new designer-coordinated color combinations, and preview your color choices in room scenes and on exteriors.
You can now access colors by scanning the barcode on the back of a BEHR color swatch or brochure. – a quick, simple way to validate your color selections. Visit a BEHR Color Solution Center at your local Home Depot® to pick up your paint color chips to get started.
- Easily browse or search Behr’s extensive library of over 2500 colors including BEHR MARQUEE®, PREMIUM PLUS ULTRA® and PREMIUM PLUS® color collections
- Use the Color Match feature to take a photo, then tap on the image to get the closest matching BEHR color
- Preview your color choices by selecting from a gallery of room images and styles
- Save your favorite colors, room images, palettes, calculations and store locations to your iOS device
- Share your color projects with friends and family on your favorite social networks
Homestyler is the free home decorating app that can help you achieve your dream of becoming an interior designer. Take a photo of your room, use the provided templates from your favorite furniture stores and virtually decorate them with any kind of 3D products and materials with their Augmented Reality (AR) technology. Get new makeover ideas for your room designs.
- Create your own do-it-yourself (DIY) design projects. Save them and share to Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Houzz, Twitter and other social media profiles
- Get inspiration by looking at designs and discuss them in our Community. Featuring the latest home decor trends and thousands of home interiors and exteriors every day
- Get in touch with more than 100k home improvement professionals, designers and interior decorators
- Join their free interior design contests every week. Relax and have fun, while you live your dream of being an interior decorator
This app will help you to decorate your existing property with the most popular products from the IKEA product range. Start from one of the existing handcrafted projects or an empty room. Change furniture, decoration, and add new items from IKEA or other brands. Observe your room from different points, create photo-realistic snapshots and see how your imagination can become reality!
- Visualize your dream and get a better idea of what it will really look like
- Enrich your habitation with the furniture from world famous brands
- Change anything in the picture, from colors on the walls to the layout of the furniture
- Auto-renewable subscription for a week, month or year.
Houzz Interior Design Ideas, or Houzz, offers everything you need to design your home whether you are starting from scratch, renovating, or just redecorating. There are over a million active home improvement pros here who can help you with design, architecture, contracting, and more. There’s also products to shop to help you finish off your projects. You can sketch and draw on photos, see how colors will look in your room, and much more. This is probably one of the best interior design apps available.
- Has everything you need
- More than 10 million photos to browse
- Over a million home improvement pros
- See how products and colors will look in your room
- Free iPhone app for interior design
Are you looking to redesign the interior of your home? Perhaps, you are just looking to change the atmosphere of a room and bring house space to life? This app can help you with the above and much more. It separates the design ideas into 6 different sections in your home like the kitchen, bedrooms and living room. You can also sort the ideas by color, size or style. The images are in HD quality and really present the design ideas in an appealing way. The app is free to download, but does come with ads. However, there is an in-app purchase to remove the ads.
- HD quality images for interior designs
- 6 different sections of the home
- Sort by size, color or style
- Sort by rooms, Great for beginners
- In-app purchase to remove ads
Amikasa is an award winning interior design app that helps users to design their dream rooms and perfect interior look or feel. This fantastic app makes you feel like an interior design professional as you get some awesome tools to design rooms and then the opportunity to experience your finished product. It’s great for users of all skill levels and you can also ask friends for advice, view products, and purchase items. This app makes it very convenient to design rooms with furniture and then buy the furniture pieces directly from stores if you really want to.
- Easy to use, Great for all skill levels
- Design any room in the home
- View colors, items, spaces and furniture
- Purchase furniture directly from stores
- View the room once you are done designing
Planner 5D is a 2D and 3D interior design tool that currently sits at over 2 million downloads. Take snapshots to create realistic images of your projects, browse catalogs with thousands of items to decorate your rooms, switch between metric or imperial systems, save and share your projects, option to work offline, ad-free, multiple languages and more. This app supports Apple Pencil and 3D Touch. There are in-app purchases for premium account or various individual features.
- Great for designing or remodeling
- 2D and 3D views, Work offline
- Save and share projects, Multiple languages
- Metric or Imperial, Catalog with thousands of items
- In-app purchases for premium account or individual features
Are you stumped because you can’t decide what to do with your bedroom? Get hundreds of fresh interior design ideas from the Bedrooms. app, designed by pros. New designs get uploaded constantly so there’s always going to be amazing photos for you to browse and pull inspiration from for your room. No matter if you like simple design with muted colours or a bedroom fit for a king or queen, you’ll find some fantastic pics here. Rate the photos and see what others think, save your favorites in HD, and print out the ones you want to take with you when you go shopping.
- Get inspiration for bedroom design
- Hundreds of design ideas
- New photos uploaded daily
- Rate the rooms and see other people’s opinions
- Free with in-app purchase
Home Design 3D - Free gives you the opportunity to test out the functionality of the full version and see what it can do for you, before you pay for the full version. So what is it? You can mess around with floor plans and room layouts, import plans, add furniture and decor pieces, and choose things like wallpaper and paint color and more. You don’t need an Internet connection and there is an illustrated tutorial available if you need help. You can’t save projects in the free version, but there are no limits to what you can do with it other than that. If you make a design you want, purchase the upgrade and your project will be saved.
- Help plan renovations
- Create, redesign, redecorate, and change your home
- Import plans
- Share via Dropbox
- Free with in-app purchase to upgrade