Becoming vegetarian can seem overwhelming at first but there are many delicious and nutritious foods for you to eat as part of a vegetarian diet. Many people have improved their health and even lost weight by reducing the amount of meat they eat. If you are vegetarian or just looking for some tasty vegetarian dishes to add to your recipe repertoire, there are plenty of suitable apps out there for you to try that will help you buy, cook, and prepare vegetarian foods. Here is our list of the best vegetarians apps for iPhone.
The best iPhone apps for vegetarians
22 Apr 2021, by  Joseph Batcagan
This iPhone app for vegetarians provides an easy way to find millions of exciting and tasty vegetarian recipes, with everything from simple meal ideas to fit for a gourmet banquet. Whether you’re a fully-fledged vegetarian, or are looking to reduce your meat consumption, we have recipes to suit all cooking abilities and tastes. This incredible Recipe book for vegetarians has all the recipes you will need and it's FREE.
- Only healthy active ingredients
- Step by step instructions
- Appetisers, vegetarian BBQ and grilling, vegetarian breakfast and brunch, main dishes, side dishes, soups and stews
- Nutritional and calorie values
- Recepes from America, France, Brazil, Germany, Italy, Turkey and Arab countries
Little Green Spoon is filled with over 200 delicious, quick and easy plant based recipes. Indy’s philosophy is ‘eat to feel good’ and each mouth-watering recipe is made with nutritious ingredients to help you feel your best. There are recipes for every occasion- quick breakfasts, grab and go lunches, speedy one pot dinners and more!
- New recipes from the Little Green Spoon website also added continually.
- Generate and save shopping lists from recipes in the app.
- Save your favourite recipes so you can find them easily.
- Search for specific recipes.
If you are a vegetarian or just looking for some healthy recipes, then Garden Plate is a great option for you. There are over 65 tasty and healthy recipes for you to browse, learn and make. Each recipe has detailed instructions and nice looking graphics. There’s in-depth ingredient pages, you share recipes via Social Media, add ingredients to shopping lists, save your favorite recipes and more. There is an in-app purchase to unlock all recipes.
- Healthy, tasty vegetarian recipes
- Detailed instructions and pictures
- Save your favorites, Ingredients details
- Add ingredients to your grocery list
- In-app purchase to unlock all recipes
Over 2 million shoppers have relied on this app to help find the hidden ingredients in your grocery cart. To begin, users have to join ShopWell for free. Next step is to enter your health goals or allergies. Then snap a pic of your grocery receipt and receive personalized recommendations available to you in your local stores or online. The app also features a bar scanner, fully functional food tracker, location services needs to be enabled for food recommendations, get custom nutrition labels and more. This app can revolutionize the way you shop and eat. Download ShopWell and start improving your health today.
Healthy Diet & Grocery Food Scanner app review
- Join ShopWell for free, Enable Location Services
- Enter your health goals, Any food allergies
- Powerful bar scanner, Awesome food tracker
- Get personalized food recommendations
- Get customized nutrition labels
Whether you are a vegetarian looking for recipes or just want to incorporate more vegetables into your diet, this app can help you achieve your goals. Green Kitchen is full of delicious, inspiring vegetarian dishes made with natural, meat-free ingredients. They are also low in dairy products, sugar, and gluten. The photographs are spectacular, the recipes are well-written, and the directions are easy to follow. You will enjoy a good variety of healthy beverages, main courses, and snacks, the option to save your favorites, an easy way to create a shopping list that you can then send or iMessage, and smart timers that know what you're cooking.
- 117 premium recipes
- 28 more recipes available via in-app purchase
- Multiple photos for each recipe
- Each recipe marked as vegan, raw, gluten-free, or whole grain
- Share recipes via AirDrop
Do you love smoothies? If so, you need to check out Smoothie Recipes Pro. It has more than 200 delicious smoothie recipes. Have a look through all the recipes: the photographs themselves are tasty looking! Next, create a grocery shopping list for the ingredients you will need to have on hand to create your wondrous concoctions, and then make and enjoy! The recipe list is always growing so you will have a plethora of choices when you want to try a new smoothie recipe. You can bookmark your faves, share through Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook, and see how much better you feel when you recharge your body with raw ingredients!
- Over 200 smoothie recipes
- Amazingly delicious-looking photos
- Bookmark your favorites
- Share recipes
- Free with in-app purchase to upgrade
iLiveVeg is a magazine app currently being offered with a free seven-day trial. The app offers a new digital issue once a month and contains tips on a vegetarian diet and interactive videos and multimedia. A subscription comes with a free premium eBook called “Maintaining the Body,” delicious and healthy recipes in each issue, videos, and articles. The photos are clear and inspiring, and the recipes will give you plenty of ideas for meal planning. Whether you are a raw foodie, vegan, vegetarian, or are just trying to incorporate more delicious vegetables and fruits into your diet, this is the digital magazine you want to try. Each issue is $1.99.
- Magazine app for vegans, vegetarians, and raw foodies
- Add more vegetables into your diet
- One issue a month
- Get a seven-day free trial
Want some inspiration in your life? Live up! + is filled with plant-based recipes low in sugars and processed products. You’ll find recipes for all meals, with new ones being added twice a month. When you’re looking for something specific you can use filters like recipes for raw foodists, suitable for kids, sugar-free, vegan, and by ingredient. Find one you love? Share it with your friends over social media or email. Headed to the grocery store? You can send the list of ingredients to yourself so you don’t forget anything. Possibly the best feature of this app is the fact you can click on each stage to mark it as complete so you don’t lose your place in a new recipe.
- Plant-based recipes
- Fresh and healthy main ingredients
- Low in processed ingredients and added sugar
- Cooking process divided into stages
- One-time purchase