If you are planning a weekend holiday or about to embark on a spur-of-the-moment getaway, you might want to check out our list of the best road trip apps for the iPhone.
The best iPhone apps for road trips
26 Oct 2020, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Driving across town or across the country, AARP Roadside Assistance from Allstate lets you travel with confidence and peace of mind. Designed exclusively for AARP® members, AARP Roadside Assistance offers 24-hour emergency roadside service and a variety of travel and car care benefits. Your AARP Roadside Assistance from Allstate membership number confirms eligibility for Roadside Assistance under your plan.
The AARP Roadside Assistance app has been carefully designed to make requesting assistance faster, more accurate, and convenient. With this aarp roadside app you will be able to:
- Request assistance for a mechanical issue, dead battery, flat tire, out of fuel, lock out, and more
- Use GPS, maps and satellite to pinpoint the vehicle location
- Follow a dialogue assisting you in diagnosing the problem and requesting appropriate service
- Retrieve confirmation service is on the way and the estimated time of arrival
The Roadtrippers app is the only map built for travelers. Plan your road trip with friends or find an amazing place nearby you never knew existed. Discover millions of places, like local diners and quirky roadside attractions, or scenic points, national parks, and hotels. Get inspiration from the pre-made trip guides of some of the most interesting and once-in-a-lifetime routes you need to see at least once.
- Discover millions of places along your route
- Plan and save trip itineraries
- Any trips you've saved or places you love will sync automatically across devices
- Content currently USA, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand-focused only
One of the best apps for locating various nearby restaurants, gas stations, grocery stores, and much more. Perfect for the times when you're visiting or passing through a town that you have never been to before.
- Find quick info about your surroundings
- Identifies your position
- View complete routes
- Add complete contacts list
- 24/7 support
Users planning on taking a road trip can now keep track of the trip's important data with this app.
- Keeps track of vehicle’s fuel cost and economy
- Lists all possible trip expenses
- Allows input of your car's maintenance history
- Provides details and information on vacation cost and travel expenses
- Reminders for scheduled car maintenance
Road Trip app review: track your automotive expenses
For frequent road trippers, there might be times when you need to find a hotel for the night. If you find yourself in this situation, this app will come in handy.
- Offers information on last minute hotel reservations
- Discounts for guests using the app
- Provides same-day booking with discounts as high as 70 percent
- Room reservations are fast and easy
- Round-the-clock customer support through email, phone, or chat
Best iPad Apps For Booking Holidays Best iPhone Apps For Booking Hotels Hotel Tonight app review
Find the nearest campground that matches your preferred amenities, time frame and route.
- Lists over 20,000 campgrounds
- Complete camp site listings
- Easy to filter results
- Updated camping amenities
- Intuitive interface